June 2014 Moms

Lay it on me...how did the baby shower go?

Was it fun? Was it a disaster? Here is a place to tell your shower story.

Re: Lay it on me...how did the baby shower go?

• Loading the player...
  • My shower is Saturday too! I'm so excited to see family and friends that I haven't seen in FOREVER! Most since the bfp!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• fsumom said:

My family is throwing me one May 4th.  It was definitely unexpected.  I'm excited.

@fsumom that is when mine is:)

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @lellymine  That sucks!  I'm sorry that they couldn't get their shi*t together.  I hope your other shower is better.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Loherrim Totally sucks and not fair!  Booooo!  Keep your head up!
  • Mine is the 12th. I hope I can go.
  • My shower was last Saturday, it was hosted by a friend since all of my family lives out of town. It was small but fun (no stupid games either!) and I got lots of great gifts.
    DH's work said they want to have a shower for us too but I don't know when that will be. I'm nervous for that one because I've only met his coworkers exactly twice. But as long as there's cake, I'm there!
  • I have one on April 26th and one on May 10th. I can't wait! :-)

• My work is throwing one for me and 2 other moms to be that are due within a month span (Short staffed this summer much???) next Tuesday, my mom and MIL are throwing me one may 10th, and the firefighter wives group is throwing me one may 18th. This is going to be one very spoiled little girl, I'm thankful to have so many amazing friends and family for support! :)
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• May 3rd also. People, I wanna see pics if you have some cool ones of decorations or fun food or whatever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm traveling today for my shower with family this weekend.  I'm super excited about seeing everyone.  My local shower is at the end of the month with my friends.  This is one should be the most fun.

BabyFruit Ticker

Special prayers for angels that we never met!
  • Mine is April 19th but will be really small bc I just moved here from out of state and only have a few family members here. This is my third baby so I'm just glad they put something small together to help me out! I need all the extra crap I can get lol For all the women that all ready had theirs you are lucky bc i just want it over with so i can stop stressing about it. For all the Ladies that their shower is in may...good luck and I hope they all go well! @LoHerrim I had that kind of thing happen at my last shower so I understand what you are going through. It sucks. it seemed like days before my shower all my best friends had crazy things come up and they couldn't make it. Made me sad but in the end they were all there for me when i had my son!
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is scheduled for sometime in the end of May. There will be this boring games, veggie trays...the whole "church lady threw a shower" type thing. I'm only on board because it means so much to my sister to be doing it for me. It'll just be my family since my friends are 2 hours from the location it's at and all of them either have 2 little ones or will be finishing up school.

I was hoping my MIL might step up and do some kind of gathering (more BBQ than shower), more for my husband than anything, between our friends not going to mine, our impending move farther away, and her probably skipping out on it as well (unless my husband chauffeurs her up and back, in the car I'll be taking) but her idea of being involved in this pregnancy has been buying clothes.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I know I'm having one on the 19th.  This will probably be one of the biggest because it's my side of the family (my Aunts are throwing it) as well as all my friends.  I'm fairly certain my work will throw one at some point because it is tradition, but I don't know when -- I have been asked by them where I'm registered at though.  And finally, a family friend/lady from my church told me she'd like to throw me one when we first announced "closer to time" but our schedules have conflicted and I haven't seen her much and she hasn't mentioned it since.  I'm not going to mention it to her because I figure all the church ladies will just drop of a gift to us or bring something to his Baptism.  I'm excited for the one on the 19th because I feel like I'll have more of an idea of what I will need to get -- I expect lots of clothes/blankets but not much from my actual registries.  Regardless, I'm very thankful and know that this little fella is going to be spoiled rotten when he gets here!! :)

• My baby shower is next Saturday. I am excited about my baby shower but I have a lot of anxiety about it also. I will be goin home for this shower and I just hope everyone shows.its a bit much doing my own baby shower and I wish I could just show up! I am also having a little shower in may for my co-workers. I am more excited about that one because its more simple just food and good conversation!
  • Any other FTMs not have a shower? I don't have that many close friends where I currently live and many of my close friends are all over the country (many are pregnant or just had babies) so I wouldn't ask them to come. 

I don't even really want one, but then I feel kind of sad that I'm not having one. 
  • kd&cdkd&cd member
    Mine is May 10, were having a BBQ at my SIL's house (she, my mom & MIL are throwing it) with no baby shower games, so I'm pretty happy about that! It's mixed so I'm looking forward to seeing all friends & family. People are saying the invite reads like a set of rules (ie the registry section) but we wanted to provide as much info as possible & be thorough as we are using myregistry.com not the normal store registry...so I'm trying to ignore that!! FX for no drama!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• jldcjs said:

Any other FTMs not have a shower? I don't have that many close friends where I currently live and many of my close friends are all over the country (many are pregnant or just had babies) so I wouldn't ask them to come. 

I don't even really want one, but then I feel kind of sad that I'm not having one. 
    I'm in a similar situation. My mom and all of my good friends and relatives who'd want to participate live 2,000 miles away. The people who are around (MIL, DH's aunt, and the one friend in town who hasn't moved away) have all mentioned wanting to throw me a shower since we announced the pregnancy but none of them have even talked to me about it since. I'd love a baby shower since this is my first, but I'm not about to plan one and throw it myself. Oh well.
  • @ktcort13‌ Good suggestion! My mom actually just called tonight and mentioned doing that- and while I thought it was weird at first, I may just take her up on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"