C-sections

Anyone do a tolac /vbac but in retrospect think repeat planned c section would have been better ?

Still trying to decide about possible TOLAC vbac vs. c section . Has anyone previously had a vbac or tolac that for one reason or another you wished you just went to c section ? On the vbac board it seems like everyone is 100 percent in favor but there must be another side ?

Re: Anyone do a tolac /vbac but in retrospect think repeat planned c section would have been better ?

• I had decided to VBAC after having a c-section with my daughter. I waited almost 2 years to get pregnant. My doctor was totally fine with my decision. I ended up laboring for 16 hours and then pushed for about an hour and started having terrible pain and vomiting. I refused to push anymore because I had a feeling something was wrong. Also my son's heart rate was dipping down into the 70's every time I would push. I requested a c-section and as it turned out I had a uterine dehiscence. All the layers of my uterus had separated except a very thin layer and the doctor could see my son moving his arm through that layer. In retrospect I wonder if a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks would have changed anything. I then felt kind of bullied into having a tubal done. I was already opened up and everything and the doctor told my husband he could very well be a single dad raising our two kids himself the next time I got pregnant. This was not my regular doctor. It was just the one who happened to be on call that day. I had said no prior to the surgery and once she told me about the dehiscence and then got scared and agreed to the tubal. Now with a clear mind, I never would have agreed to that. I really wish now I would have just gone with the scheduled c-section. At my 6 week appointment, my doctor acted as if a tubal was kind of jumping the gun and discussed IVF, tubal reversal, and adoption with me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you for sharing . I'm in a similar position . My first child will be 2.5 at the time of delivery if all goes according to plan . They say I'm a good candidate for vbac but I always think of the risk .
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had a successful vaginal birth (DS1) and 2 c/s (a scheduled c/s at 38w because my presenting twin was breech), and a RCS because I got to 41w and had made no progress towards labor and my OB didn't want me carrying any longer (granted, he came out 9lb 10oz).  My OB won't do a VBA2C, I'm considering switching to someone who's open to at least a TOLA2C.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I'm so torn, too! I'll be following this thread, as well.

• I had a planned c section as mybaby was breech . It went smoothly . i was breastfeeding in a half hour or so . Bonded well. Recovered fairly easily etc. I can't decide. I am pretty scared of a vaginal delivery . I am also scared if an emergency. C section which seems so much worse . I think I might want to do a planned c section instead of v bac because I'm scared of vaginal delivery and of emergency c section.
  • dmessdmess member
    I labored for 22 hours before dd went into distress and they had to deliver. I had a csection from hell, bladder cut in half, 8 hours of reconstructive surgery, yes in retrospect I should have just gotten a repeat csection.
  • I attempted a VBAC and vba2c but ended up with c/s anyway. I absolutely don't regret trying because I had really wanted a vaginal birth. I did everything I could to avoid a c/s but ended up with them anyway. I am glad I tried though because at least I know that the c/s were unavoidable that I did what I could, and it actually put me in a better place accepting my initial c/s. I felt a lot of regrets over my first but know now that my body just can't deliver babies vaginally and I'm much more accepting of that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"