Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Formula issues

My lo seems to have a major issue with formula. She is 7 months old and EBF and does fine on stage one solids. The past 3 times she has had formula she projectile vomited 2 hrs later for a couple hrs and was very lethargic. It was horrible. We only tried formula because my supply is starting to get low and mixed it with her cereal once (now use water). My dr says to try soy formula next and then move on to the other ones that break down proteins more or something. He says it's a milk intolerance. I'm worried it's FPIES and am terrified to try soy or any other formula. However, my supply isn't the best and my freezer stash is down to 2 days worth! Any advice or experiences? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Formula issues

• Try a couple of different formulas. If you're really worried try one of the non cow milk based formulas and see if she takes that one better, though unless you've been completely dairy free while EBF I doubt its a cows milk issue. Some others to try are Similac Sensitive, Gerber Good Start Gentle or Enfamil Gentlese. My LO did the same thing with regular Similac the first few times we tried it, so we tried the Sensitive and he did better with that. Formula can be a little tough for your LO's digestive track to get used to, but once they get used to it they're fine. See if you can get free samples from the formula companies by looking on their websites.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We exclusively feed goats milk formula because LO couldn't tolerate any. 
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Loading the player...
  • My LO has the intolerance as well. DEFINITELY skip gentle ease, try enfamil nutramigen or the similac version, I think its alimentum. I would try those before the soy. Really did completely change my LO stomach troubles, we no longer have any troubles. She has gentle ease and it made it worse. Highly recommend nutramigen. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"