Parenting after 35

Long week

Oh my gosh you guys, I have a loooong week coming up. I lost my grandma before the move and she donated her body so my family waited until they could get the ashes to have a funeral. They have them now and the service will be next Saturday. My DH can't go so I have to drive from SC to KY by myself with the baby. I'm staying for a week because I haven't been home in almost 3 years and I have a lot of people to see. It just hit me how exhausting it's going to be doing this by myself. I tried to start packing today and I'm already so tired.

...I feel whiney. :(
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Long week

• I'm so sorry for your loss. It's great that you can stay a week. May I suggest if there are a lot of different people you want to see outside of those at the funeral, pick a location at put out a mass invite. When I used to live out west and would visit NY for a week, I'd run myself ragged trying to see everyone I wanted to. It made life easier if I just picked a diner and told my friends where I'd be if they wanted to see me. It worked out so much better and I got to see more friends each time. Sometimes it was just a couple and other times it was a nice size group. A week will fly by before you know it. Hope this is helpful. Again, sorry for you loss and travel safe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry on the loss of your grandmother :(  You are going to be the queen of driving that baby long distances by yourself.  You are my hero.  I refused to drive to a St. Paddys day party at my hubby's friends house because it was 2.5 hrs away.  Just thinking about it makes me tired.  I will give you the well deserved cheese to go with your whine :)  I don't envy you at all. 

Again, sorry for your loss.  I do hope you have a wonderful time showing off that beautiful little lady of yours :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your drive goes smoothly. Just anticipate it will take you twice as long to get there with stops for the baby. Enjoy your time with your friends and family.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for your loss.  I hope you can have a good trip overall.  I'm sure you will have plenty of helping hands to give you a break.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks everyone. We did not leave today. Poor baby reacted to her vaccinations yesterday and she was miserable last night...her temp got up to 102.7. I hardly got any sleep...and I was already feeling crappy myself. So we are delaying until tomorrow.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Oh no!  First of all, sorry for the loss of your grandma.  And hopefully your LO gets to feeling better quickly.  Lots of snuggles!  Good luck with the long drive.  At least at the end of it, you will get to spend time with lot of loving family and catch up.  Be safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"