February 2012 Moms

car seat

Hi everyone.  Can you recommend your carseat?  I need to buy a new one.  I have been looking at Britax.  DS is very tall and I am looking for something that he will be able to stay in for awhile.  He is too young for a harnass to booster, right?  TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: car seat

• We have the Britax Roundabout, which is tge smaller Britax.  It's perfect for us because our car is tiny and Lucia is short, but wouldn't be great for a taller kid because the limits are lower.  We do love the brand though!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I have actually learned since buying our Britax that they aren't great for taller kids. I have heard that Radians are a good seat to look at as is the Chicco Nextfit. If he is already forward facing you may want to look at a Graco Nautalis I think it is called. We have a Britax Marathon 70 and we love it, but DS has almost outgrown it rear facing, so he will eventually be turned FFing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • We have the Evenflo Titan Elite. I have heard reviews say NOT to get that one for tall kiddos (if that helps any lol) Otherwise I love the seat. DD is 33 in and still on the middle seat belt slot...
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• We have Britaxes (4 of them - 2 for DD and 2 for DS).  I absolutely LOVE the brand.  We've had others, but I find the Britax is easiest to install and to put the kids in, and they seem very comfortable.  We have Roundabouts for DD and Frontiers for DS.  I think you could go for the Frontier if you are FF already, and it would last you a very long time, since it's a 5 point harness that turns into a high back booster and then a regular booster.  We had the Nautilus for DS for a while, but we liked the Frontier much better, so we got rid of the Nautilus and got another Frontier.  

As PP have mentioned, Radians are supposed to be great for small kids, so you might want to look into those. 

Good luck!! 
  • We have two britax marathons and we love them. DH especially loves it bc they are easy to get the kids in and out.

• We love our Britax Marathon! Its simple and easy to install and take out.

Btw---Congrats, Ainslie, on your pregnancy!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"