VBAC

Attempting VBAC- midwife recommends chiro or acupuncture

ginafunginafun member
Hi! I'm almost 27 weeks. Just met with my midwife and she recommended I start with chiropractic care or acupuncture to help my body align. With DD I went two full weeks late, never went into spontaneous labor, never dilated and she was a -3 station. So, I'm taking her urging seriously. Any successful VBAC Momma's try either chiro care or acupuncture? We don't want to invest in both. I'd rather choose one or the other. Thoughts?

Re: Attempting VBAC- midwife recommends chiro or acupuncture

• I just had an unsuccessful VBA2c attempt, but I'll give you my input anyway, since it sounds like your first c/s is for all the same reasons I had my three c/s. This pregnancy I saw a chiropractor regularly to help keep my pelvis aligned and my ligaments loosened. I do think it helped a bit but I also never dropped past -4. Lower than my previous but still not low enough. I also saw an acupuncturist the last few weeks. I personally haven't heard of using one the entire prgnancy. I would have thought you'd do what I did and see a chiropractor regularly and the acupuncturist to kick start labor. I think the acupuncture may have put me into labor. I had crazy contractions and my water broke, but since my baby hadn't dropped, nothing happened with them and I had to get a c/s. Even though it didn't work for me, I'd recommend doing what I did: chiro throughout pregnancy to encourage proper positioning and if baby is in good position, the acupuncture at the end to bring on labor. But I am interested to hear what others have to say.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm hoping for a VBAC first was csection dye to estimated size and I wasn't really given an option. At 40+ 2 dsts i was barely effaced and kess than a cm fikated.
    So many variables are different with this pregnancy so it's hard to say what may be helping. But i have been seeing a chiro since week 35 (currently 40+2) and at 40 weeks was 2.5 cm, 60% effaced, and -2 station. The midwife seemed positive that I will be able to have this one naturally.
    Other variables in this pregnancy- I was 20lbs lighter when I got pregnant, our diet is now more paleo (meats, fruits, veggies, limited to no processed foods, sugar), I've been doing crossfit (even went last night a day after my due date), been taking evening primrose oil (orally since 37 weeks), as well as 2-3 glasses of red raspberry leaf tea (since 37 weeks). And I've been sitting on a yoga ball and swaying back and forth as well as making figure 8s (read it helps open the hips). Keeping fingers crossed that lil man will make his appearance soon. My next dr appt is Friday and I'm sure if he isn't here they will want to talk induction.
    October Siggy Challenge: Halloween
    DH and I at a Halloween Party in 2010 when we were preggers with DD
    Linus & The Great Pumpkin

IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • At what point did you see the accupuncturist. That is my next step I think if lil man doesn't come in the next 2-3 days
    October Siggy Challenge: Halloween
    DH and I at a Halloween Party in 2010 when we were preggers with DD
    Linus & The Great Pumpkin

IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• mmksmmks member
    I am trying for a VBAC next month(!!!!) and have been seeing a great chiro who specializes in pregnancy since about 26 weeks.
    I will only go to get acupuncture if I go beyond my EDD.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • At what point did you see the accupuncturist. That is my next step I think if lil man doesn't come in the next 2-3 days

I went at 39 weeks and did some moderate induction points and anxiety release. At 40 weeks she did the whole shebang and I had a ton of contractions that night. My water broke on its own 36 hours later.
  • I started seeing my chiro at about 20 weeks due to terrible back pain and PSD but I will stay seeing her through the end to help keep this one moving in the right direction.  I was induced with DD and she never tucked her head and I spent an hour trying to get her to come out with her brow first, just not happening.  I have seen an acupuncturist regulalry but I think the chiro is really where I'm going to focus my efforts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"