Philadelphia Babies

Einstein Montgomery for Philly mom?

I have this new insurance that tiers providers. The midwife I am meeting with for my first prenatal delivers at Einstein Montgomery, and I've seen the facility and it looks gorgeous. They would be tier 1 (least expensive) on my insurance - but I live in Philly near the Art Museum - is it crazy to plan to drive all the way out to Einstein to deliver? Jefferson and Pennsylvania Hospital would be the most expensive. 

Re: Einstein Montgomery for Philly mom?

• Can you check with your insurance about an exception if it's too far? They may have some kind of radius for the network tiers. 

I was really worried about the ride during labor, but it was okay. I remember telling my husband to slow down! I was in the backseat on some towels and our waterproof crib mattress. I just kind of leaned forward on the passenger chair. 

I don't think the drive will be too bad in light traffic, but you know how rarely that happens in Philly. You'd be fine as long as you went into labor overnight. 

Have you asked your midwife for input? She may have the best insight and experience with other traveling moms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm located in East Falls... If I could go back and do it over again, I'd deliver with the midwife practice at Pennsy. A lot of people have had great experiences at EMCM, I just happen to not be one of them.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents live by the hospital.  The problem is, it's only 5 miles from the highway (476) but there are so many traffic lights that it can take 20 minutes!  Or if you make every liked it could take 7 mins.  It really depends.  Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ksteel21, I am a first timer and almost 6 weeks and planning on doing the same. I'll be seeing the midwife the first week of Oct, Ronnie Rothman. Is that who you saw? If so, how was it? I'm in Skippack, so the travel to einstein really depends on traffic like the other girls are saying, but the new facilities and use of a midwife make it worth it for me! On average, it takes about 20-30 mins to get there. Beside, The second closest hospital to us is Grandview, which is a good 45 mins away on any day. So remember us out in the burbs deliver to far away places all the time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"