January 2014 Moms

Update on bedtime? (Precious)

So just wanted to share since so many of you shared advice and ideas on my earlier post.

Saw the other pediatrician today and after sharing a few details, he totally thinks it is reflux and gave her a script for zantac!!! He said it could take 2-4 weeks to really see a difference depending on how much damage has been done :,( but hopefully we can start seeing some changes.

He said I may want to keep a food diary to see if there is something I'm eating that could be causing all the gas but he in no way thinks it is a dairy allergy.

He also recommends trying to get a dissolvable infant probiotic (forget the name) rather than the smoothe drops but only because he found it helped more with his own kids.

He also said to give the gas drops about 20 minutes before the next feeding and they are safe to give up to 12 times a day (which the packaging says but good to hear it from the doc).

He wants her back in 2 weeks if there is no change and 4 if there is improvement just because the change in weight changes the dose she will need.

I feel like I was heard today and at least we are able to try something now.

I am going to try and go out tomorrow to get a rnp and see how that goes too.

I know tonight won't be better but it's a start. Today was actually a terrible day and she maybe slept 3 hours total since 9:30 this morning. Mil was here and playing and I ran a few errands after the doc appointment. So I'm pretty sure tonight will be rough, but I'm expecting it.

Again, thanks everyone for responding and sharing!!!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
Unexplained Infertility
8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update on bedtime? (Precious)

• Glad to hear they listened to your concerns and are giving you some potential solutions. I hope this makes a huge difference for you. FWIW, it may take a couple weeks for full effectiveness, but we saw improvement of reflux symptoms in days of starting Zantac
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• I am so glad to hear this. Even if it takes a few weeks, having a plan and feeling like you were heard is huge.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was so glad to read this post and see that your pedi gave you some things to try. I've been using the Natures Way probiotic for children with DD and it seems to help her gas.

• I'm so happy that you now have a plan. I really hope things get better very soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 4/2/13

DS born 12/19/13

• So glad you had a positive experience today! I hope the Zantac provides her some relief soon with even more as time goes on. Here's hoping you're all sleeping better in a few weeks.
    imageimageimage
  • I'm glad your appointment went well and you have a plan. I hope you see improvement soon!

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• Yay! I'm happy to hear you have a plan and fx the meds help!
  • So happy to hear that you found a doctor that listened! Having a plan helps to save sanity for sure! I hope you both get relief soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • km_mdkm_md member
    I'm so glad that you had such a good experience with this doctor and you have a plan now. I hope that this helps little Abby to feel better and get some sleep so that mama can sleep!

My DD is on different medications but I started noticing a difference at about a week after she started taking them. It would be great if you didn't have to wait 4 weeks for hers to work! Keep us updated.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"