Pregnant after IF

**2IF Grad Check-in**

Congrats to everyone for making it here! This check in is for grads of the 2IF board and any other secondary infertility grads. If you are new to the check-in, please let us know your due date and you will be added for next week.

I am so excited to welcome Jen071407! So happy for you and wishing you a healthy and happy nine months! Tryingyetagain and MJC1116, hope your BPs are still ok - keeping y'all in my thoughts as your due dates get closer! Kndeckar, congrats on being more than halfway there now! Good luck with your anatomy scan! Lclofreddo and Kristylynn26, hope y'all are feeling better and glad your ultrasounds went fine! Southernmomma, let us know how your ultrasound on Saturday went and good luck to Cheesypeas with your appt today! Cerad5 and Cheesypeas, let's start the countdown to the end of the first trimester!

Bumpee. Due date. Team.
Hopingformore 4/20 Tbd
Tryingyetagain 4/26 Pink
MJC1116 5/1 Green
CMDR513 5/17 Pink
Luckyu317 5/27 Blue
Chrissy1276 6/3 Pink
Gmc222 6/21 Blue
Uagirl 7/19 Tbd
AlmostWright 7/22 Green
Kristylynn26 7/28 Green
Jknallen 7/31 Tbd
Ally510 8/3 Tbd
Kndeckar 8/12 Blue
Southernmomma 9/26 Tbd
Cerad5 10/16 Tbd
Jeffreysmom24 10/18 Tbd
Cheesypeas 10/23 Tbd
Lclofreddo 11/20 Tbd
Deardra77 11/23 Green
Jen071407 Tbd Tbd

1. How many weeks along are you?
2. Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results etc)?
3. How are you feeling lately?
4. QOTW: have you treated yourself to anything during this pregnancy or do you plan to? If it were up to you, what would your first meal be after LO's arrival?

Re: **2IF Grad Check-in**

• 1. 11 weeks!
    2. So excited that my ultrasound last Friday went well! Heartbeat was 178 and baby was measuring on track! What a relief!!
    3. Feeling great! Starting to ease my anxiety a bit since the ultrasound appt last week.
    4. I hardly ever buy anything for myself anymore but I am going to buy some new clothes! A few tops that are a size bigger and then later a new maternity dress or two for work. After LO is born, I would love a coke and turkey sandwich - I miss both of those, they are normally staples that I have every week!
  • Congrats on the great ultrasound, @jeffreysmom24!!

1. How many weeks along are you?  10w4d
    2. Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results etc)?  I have an appointment this afternoon which will just be a doppler check.  It was my doomed appointment with my first pregnancy, so it's kind of a big one.  BUT I did check for a heartbeat on Saturday and found it, so I'm now officially more pregnant than I was with my mmc!
    3. How are you feeling lately?  Good.  I think I spoke too soon about the nausea going away last week.  It's just more sporadic now.  And I get super nauseous now if I lay on my back, even for 5 second.  It's so weird.
    4. QOTW: have you treated yourself to anything during this pregnancy or do you plan to? If it were up to you, what would your first meal be after LO's arrival  I plan to buy some cuter maternity clothes this time.  Last time I was very anti-spending money on maternity clothes but have since felt super jealous at women who look cute in their maternity clothes, so I'm going to allow myself to buy more this time around.  I'm not sure about the first meal after LO.  I haven't felt all that deprived yet, so give me a few more months, and then I might have stronger opinions on this one.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Loading the player...
  • 36 weeks, and counting down.  My baby girl will be here in three weeks... or less!  Wow.  I'm not sleeping well, but feeling okay overall.  Some days are more uncomfortable than others.  We had our 36 week appointment and got to see Carolina on u/s.  But she is so big, each major body part fills up the screen so it's hard to make her out!  We were told we will get ultrasounds the last two appts as well, to check fluid.  The NST was good as well, and she is head down.  Yay!  And I am 2cm dilated and 50% effaced... double yay!  But, I did test positive for Group B strep down there, so I will have to get antibiotics during labor/delivery.  Hopefully not a big deal.

The only thing I have really indulged in is food.  I have really given in to cravings this time around.  And I have a major sweet tooth right now.  My first meal after delivery... hmmm.  Not sure what I will want, but I can almost guarantee it will be something ridiculously unhealthy.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. How many weeks along are you? 5w5d
    2. Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results etc)? Crawling along to April 10th for the viability u/s. I get some serious anxiety when I think about walking into that room that day since that was when we found out about the mmc last time. 
    3. How are you feeling lately? Just tired and sore boobs still. The nausea didn't hit until 7-8 weeks with my DDs, so I'm just trying to enjoy eating for now!
    4. QOTW: have you treated yourself to anything during this pregnancy or do you plan to? If it were up to you, what would your first meal be after LO's arrival? I'm with y'all on the clothes. I already know we've got a wedding to attend mid-July and I want to have a cute dress for that for sure. As far as the meal - fountain Coke. A big one. With all the medical treatments and money involved I completely gave up caffeine even before I started stimming. I know you can have some each day, but that usually just makes me want more. So I just cut it out altogether. 

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• cerad5cerad5 member
    edited March 2014

1. I am 11w4d.

2. My next appt isn't until the 21st. But my OB is amazing and said I could call and schedule a quick US check for peace of mind anytime. I'm not sure I can wait three more weeks.

3. Still nauseous. I'm eating occasionally, but usually regretting it soon after every time. I really think it's the progesterone. My OB is having me take it until the end of my 13th week. I am counting down the days until I can stop.

4. I'm having a c section so I know it will be jello and juice :) But after that I will probably want a burger and fries and a milkshake. My appetite has been so small that I can't wait to just pig out. I haven't treated myself to anything yet, but I would really love a prenatal massage, or a pedicure. My toes are so sad.

DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• 1. How many weeks along are you? 22 weeks
    2. Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results etc)? I had a fetal echo today (apparently they are recommended for everyone who get pregnant via IVF). All went well. I see my OB for my monthly appointment tomorrow.
    3. How are you feeling lately? I've been battling a sinus infection, so kind of crappy. I think I've finally turned the corner, so I'm looking forward to feeling good again.
    4. QOTW: have you treated yourself to anything during this pregnancy or do you plan to? If it were up to you, what would your first meal be after LO's arrival? No...I haven't treated myself. At some point I may indulge in a prenatal massage. I haven't really craved anything that on the prohibited list (other than deli sandwiches, which I still occasionally eat). I'd probably eat either some chicken kabobs or grilled filet & potatoes. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks along are you? 35 weeks 5 days
    2. Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results etc)? None. Blood pressure is stable, so that's good. (Although I'm curious of what it was yesterday when my stress level went through the roof)
    3. How are you feeling lately? Stressed. I'll spare you the details, but I'm praying maternity leave comes quickly. Other than that, I feel alright. 
    4. QOTW: have you treated yourself to anything during this pregnancy or do you plan to? If it were up to you, what would your first meal be after LO's arrival?  BIL and his fiance got me a gc to get a prenatal massage, so I did that around 33 weeks. It was fabulous. Last weekend, I went to get a pedicure and asked for an extra long foot/leg massage. I'll get one last pedicure before my due date. My mom and I will have a girl's day. 
    My first meal after baby arrives will be a giant breakfast burrito from this little hole in the wall place around here. I used to go there after our doubles swim practices with my friends. The burrito must be 5 lbs of eggs, cheese, bacon, and potatoes. The salsa is incredible. I can eat it now, but am waiting until I go through that giant workout known as labor. I'm drooling, I want a bite now!.  I also REAAAAAAALLY want a beer. A super ice cold glass of blue moon with an orange slice. :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• MJC1116 said:
    1. How many weeks along are you? 35 weeks 5 days
    2. Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results etc)? None. Blood pressure is stable, so that's good. (Although I'm curious of what it was yesterday when my stress level went through the roof)
    3. How are you feeling lately? Stressed. I'll spare you the details, but I'm praying maternity leave comes quickly. Other than that, I feel alright. 
    4. QOTW: have you treated yourself to anything during this pregnancy or do you plan to? If it were up to you, what would your first meal be after LO's arrival?  BIL and his fiance got me a gc to get a prenatal massage, so I did that around 33 weeks. It was fabulous. Last weekend, I went to get a pedicure and asked for an extra long foot/leg massage. I'll get one last pedicure before my due date. My mom and I will have a girl's day. 
    My first meal after baby arrives will be a giant breakfast burrito from this little hole in the wall place around here. I used to go there after our doubles swim practices with my friends. The burrito must be 5 lbs of eggs, cheese, bacon, and potatoes. The salsa is incredible. I can eat it now, but am waiting until I go through that giant workout known as labor. I'm drooling, I want a bite now!.  I also REAAAAAAALLY want a beer. A super ice cold glass of blue moon with an orange slice. :)
    @MJC1116, I'm with you on the Blue Moon.... that's my favorite beer.  Sorry you are stressed, and hopefully things will improve.  I can't believe we are both finally almost there!  Hang in there!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• @tryingyetagain, I still remember your post about your surprise BFP on the 2IF board and I was in the 2WW just hoping and praying that I could follow right behind you. I cannot believe we are at the top of the list now! I am so excited for you to meet your baby girl and I will say cheers to you with a blue moon once my LO comes!!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• 1. Will be 34 weeks tomorrow. 2. I went to my 33 week appt and all is good (BP, protein, and weight). I scheduled my last 4 appts. 3. Tired this week. Otherwise, I am feeling good. 4. I will schedule a massage for SB. First meal will be something yummy :))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"