Birth Stories

1st time birth story (cesarean)

(PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MISSPELLINGS AND BAD GRAMMAR IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING. I'M TRYING TO TYPE THIS FAST & THERE IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF INFO/ LONG STORY)

This was my 1st pregnancy. Everything was going great. I was going into my 38?39? week check up. Thinking to myself man i wish they would induce me, I am sooo ready to have this baby. I had already tried everything I could think of to try and self induce labor. I ate a lot of taco bell with their hottest sauce and I also am not ashamed to say that I was dancing to some Michael Jackson on the wii! Anyways I woke up for my dr. apt, got dressed and headed off for my dr. office. I told them when I got there that I was feeling a little uncomfortable. The Nurse checked my blood pressure, felt my stomach and then I waited for the dr. to come in. He then rechecked my blood pressure & told me that I was having high blood pressure and told me since that I was dilated and effaced a little bit with small contractions to go home and pack and head to the hospital to be induced. I was pretty excited thinking to myself this is it, I can't wait! I rushed home and found the DH, we rushed together and got all of our stuff ready. I believe I had the basics already packed but we went ahead and of course took probably way to much stuff that we really needed. On our way to the hospital I told hubby for us to stop by Arbys near the hospital so I could eat cause chances are when we got the hospital and checked in they might not let me eat anything. We ate and headed on into the ER at the hospital to sign in. There was an old man at the door greeting people and he of course put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me to L&D. Bless his heart. I really didn't need the wheelchair but he insisted. Once there I got undressed and put on the gown they had for me. A Nurse came in and inserted some type of pill into my cervix (or at least she said she hoped she put it near my cervix cause she wasn't sure if she did or not) to help thin it and try to dilate me some more. This was during the evening time and they weren't going to actually start the inducing with the petocin* till the following morning.
( Maybe and hour later the nurse came back in and asked my husband if he wanted anything to drink, it was sweet except for the fact that she called him a baby daddy which really gets on our nerves cause it sounds disrespectful since we are married and he isn't just some guy who knocked me up. ) <--- little off topic but that is something that I can still remember.
Anyways back to the story----,
That same night the nurse came back in and gave me a sleeping aid cause lets face the facts girls. If you have been waiting for this baby for the past 9 months and you know you are going to meet your baby the next day there is hardly any sleeping from all of the excitement. Then the next morning maybe around 6/7am? they started the petocin*. It made me start to feel sick so then they give me phinogrin* in my iv which basically knocked me out! I didn't remember much after that except them coming in and saying that they had to stop the petocin* do to it raising my blood pressure even more. (go figure)
He said either we can wait it out and it may take days (Dr.'s words) or we can go for a c-section cause you aren't progressing and you stopped dialating.
Not even 5 minutes later it was off to do a c-section.
Everybody in the room was super sweet and kind to me. A nurse hugged/held me as they set me up and gave me a spinal for the surgery.
They laid me down and everything started getting warm... It started in my toes and worked its way up like i was stepping into a bath filled with warm water....
I WAS NUMB.
Soon after my DH came in he was right beside of me the whole time. <3 I started feeling sick to my stomach so a male nurse was beside me and he placed a alcohol swap in under my nose to help with that. Of course the whole surgery didn't take long at all. They told me that I was going to feel some pressure on my stomach like I was being set on and soon after that I heard my DD first cries! They brought her over to me to see her for a second and off she went with my DH following them over to the table where they cleaned her up and did all the important stuff to her.
The doctor told us how she had beautifully colored lips that she would never need lipstick and how her fingers where long that she might be a wonderful piano player. After the surgery I had to go into a recovery room for an hour.
THEN FINALLY, I got to go back to my room where everyone was waiting. As soon as they wheeled me into the room they brought my daughter in there too! I was so happy! My nose was itching from the oxy they gave me and my stomach hurt like a mofo, not to mention I puked in front of everyone in the room which made me feel like my stomach was about to bust open again,  BUT at the end of it all I had my healthy girl in my arms.
After having that c-section I wasn't allowed to get up out of bed for the day so that night when everybody was sleeping and my daughter kept spitting up all over herself I couldn't help her and I had to keep calling the nurse in (bless her heart) but the nurse was so nice. she changed her shirt for me and tucked a towel in her shirt for when she did it again.

AFTER THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE
I believe with my next one I want to try to be the healthiest that I can be. Avoid foods that may increase my blood pressure. & not complain of the uncomfortableness towards the end. I want to have a vbac. I don't want another c-section. (If its neccassry then of course) but if I have the choice to wait it out, of course I will wait. I will refuse the drugs they want to give me for the pain or nasua cause i don't want to be basically knocked out of my mind again not knowing whats going on. I would love for my water to break and be having contractions on the way to the hospital.
We shall see what happens next time around.
baby dust to all and I hope everyone has a happy, healthy pregnancy and delivery.

baby development

Re: 1st time birth story (cesarean)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"