Attachment Parenting
Options

Snuggle Nest

Has anyone tried this? LO likes sleeping with me and I'm wondering if this would be worth trying out. Just interested if any other moms have used it and what they thought of it :)

Re: Snuggle Nest

• Options
    I read something about them being unsafe because the padding etc. had a carcinogen in it. You might google and see if that's correct.
  • Options
    We got one for DS when he wouldn't sleep alone. Honestly, he didn't like that much better...just wanted to be in the crook of my arm next to the breast. ;)

So instead, I did my homework on safe bedsharing practices and sold the snuggle nest on craigslist. It's not worth the $40 or whatever it costs if it's just a gateway to bedsharing anyway, IMHO. ;) BUT if it makes you more comfortable, give it a try!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @Emerald27‌! That's what I suspected because he only seems to want to sleep right up against me :D I'm just worried about when he starts rolling and how to keep the bed safe for him :/
  • Options
    My DS never really rolled, but some do. You can get a bed rail to put on your bed and keep him from rolling off. Some mothers also put a pool noodle under the fitted sheet to create a barrier that's hard to roll over. A third option you have is just putting your mattress on the floor for a while and storing your bed frame. You could alternatively sidecar a crib next to the bed, with one side off and the mattress raised to the level of your bed (see attached photo), so that if he rolled away from you, he would just roll into the crib. Lots of ways to make your bed safe for baby!
    imageimage
  • Options
    We tried it one night, and I ended up throwing it across the room in the middle of the night. It was a pain to get him out of it when he needed to nurse, much easier to have them nearby. We had a mattress on the floor for our kids.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I tried it, but it was pointless. DS needed to be in contact with me pretty much 24/7 as a newborn, so we bedshared instead. Plus, he was pretty long at birth and a big squirmer, so it would have been unusable even if he was more keen on solo sleeping. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"