Chit Chat

Oh no! How so I politely decline giving away a keepsake?

A friend of mine is expecting and I offered to GIVE her (for keeps) the bouncy seats, swings, unused bottles, jumperoo, play gym -basically everything except for my bassinet. She said she would take them and then asked me specifically for my bassinet. I don't plan on getting pregnant for a while, but I feel attached to it. I said to her yes, she could have anything she needed -- but she has recently received a very expensive crib as a gift. She is asking me again for it and I feel so horrible to tell her no. I don't know if her baby might ruin it, she also has pets that are a bit wild and I feel so attached to it despite saying yes. How do I politely decline giving my bassinet away without hurting her or making her angry?

Re: Oh no! How so I politely decline giving away a keepsake?

• I think it's always good to just be honest about how you feel. Just be careful with the words. Is she a close friend? If she is, she would understand. If not, she still will as long as you just tell her honestly why. :)
  • Thank you!! Yes she is a close friend. I was very careful with my words and she was ok with it!! Talk about dodging a bullet! I just felt horrible saying yes and then no. Ive been so worried about this (and i still feel a little bad about it). I do plan on giving her the things I said above, as well as new gifts just for her baby. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • If someone were to get mad that you wouldn't give them something for free they would be a jerk. 

Glad it worked out ok! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"