Working Moms

A Message from Michelle Obama for The Bump Moms (Really!)

First Lady, Michelle Obama shares her memories of early parenting and details about finding a great health plan for you and baby on the blog today: https://bit.ly/1nXIquV

How are you planning to cover the costs of medical expenses for your pregnancy? What do you hope to get out of your health care? 

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: A Message from Michelle Obama for The Bump Moms (Really!)

• Oh FFS.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • When kids grow upon food stamps sometimes they gasp... grow up to be college educated, self employed, tax paying, home owning, amazing dads, but that's just my DH. Be careful what you say. You don't know who grew up on government cheese, lady.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Another push for some over-priced Obamacare.  There is no option that fits my needs AND my budget.  What a joke.
  • I would hope to get the limits raised on my flex spending account back to where they were pre-ACA.  How letting people put less into their flex spending accounts is making healthcare more affordable I'll never figure out.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• @CarrieB. just to be clear I commend your husband and think that is wonderful.  I am jaded by an industry that abuses the system and gets to spend time with their kids and shop me that me.  I am bitter.

I think you missed my point. Saying things that are hateful about a system you don't understand and people you don't know isn't cool. Sure some people will abuse the system, but people abuse all systems. Should we say hateful things about baseball because some players abuse the system and do drugs?

Meanwhile, there are real little kids and old people and working families who are hungry and need medical help. They aren't out shopping and having a good time. I know because I know people who have benefitted from government assistance.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I agree that everyone deserves healthcare, but the problem is with people that have no healthcare coverage using medical services and not paying for them, so us working middle-class that don't qualify for free healthcare have our premius go up every year.  I think we all know too many people that just live off the system and have no intention of gettig off of it.  Meanwhile, us middle-class get no assistance at all.  I don't understand how an unemployed person gets daycare assistance??? How about cutting some assistance from the unemployed and providing some government paid maternity leave or reduced daycare? Maybe then more people would choose to actually work.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"