Military Families
Options

Anyone at Langley Air Force Base?

Hi all! Wondering if there are any moms or moms-to-be currently stationed at Langley or have delivered at Langley before?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone at Langley Air Force Base?

• Options
    Hi, I just came across this forum so hopefully I am allowed to post here.  I am stationed at Langley!
  • Options
    Sorry, posted to quickly.  This is my first so I haven't delivered at Langley and my first appointment isn't until April 4th (I'm 8 weeks).  But, I have friends that have delivered here before...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Nellody86‌ how were there experiences? I am currently 22 weeks 4 days and have had great care with Women's Health so far! It's nice to have someone else on this board stationed at Langley! Are you active or a spouse?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lowerygirl they were both opposite it seemed.  One said it was fine she said the only problem she had was switching doctors every appointment,  I guess she liked sticking to one doctor.  The other really disliked her experience and ended up switching to Ft Eustis after her baby was born.  She didn't give to many details on the problems.  The only problem I'm having so far is getting my profile (I'm AD) to reflect my current pregnancy (which I don't think is a Women's Health issue), I unfortunately had an ectopic in August and my current profile shows my EDD fo that pregnancy not this one!  My spouse and I are both Active duty, how about you!? I just happened to google Military pregnancy board and found this one, I am apart of the October 2014 board but, I can actually relate more to the woman on this board I feel!
  • Options
    @Nellody86‌ I seem to hear a lot of mixed reviews about Langley also! I have seen a different midwife/nurse practitioner every appointment, but I don't really mind because any one of them could be the one deliver so I would like to meet all of them at least once. I am just a spouse. My husband is AD in the 480th. I also lost a baby last July, but I didn't have problems with my profile....that may just be an AD thing? Hopefully we will both have good experiences!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@lowerygirl yea i agree, I think it makes more sense to see all of them so that you can build somewhat of a relationship.  And these docs see A LOT of women so expecting them to see you at every appointment is a bit much IMO.  Oh ok, I work at AFOSI (Office of Special Investigations) and my husband works at ACC.  We've been here for going on 4 years now.  Yea the profile thing is definitely an AD thing, I have my first OB appointment next week so hopefully the doc can help me get that situated...they are trying to deploy me so i need it!!!

I'm also trying to figure out the maternity uniform situation, I guess the AF has stopped producing them because they are changing the material...I'm hoping the Airman's Attic will have something for me.  Fingers crossed!

• Options
    How did delivery go at Langley? I am going there now, and I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I have had one bad experience with them so far, but it was an intern.
  • Options

I used to rent next to Langley but we have since bought a house and moved to Suffolk.  I had an AWFUL experience with military doctors and hospitals during my first trimester so we switched to Standard and I'm now delivering at one of the Sentara's in the area. 

Honestly, you have to do some research.  I was not impressed with how high the C-section rate is at the military hospitals in the area.  The husbandman and I are determined to have a very natural experience with low-intervention and it quickly became clear through research and experience that we probably won't get that at a military hospital. 

As for how much you wind up paying, I've heard anything from $35-$50.  Tricare Standard covers everything except for the cost of food.   

• Options
    How did delivery go at Langley? I am going there now, and I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I have had one bad experience with them so far, but it was an intern.
    My delivery went wonderful at Langley. Everything went well, and they had no issues with the circumcision on DS the next day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"