1st Trimester

1st Ultrasound Jitters

I scheduled my first ultrasound today! I'm a little further along than I thought so I was able to get in next week. Now of course I am so nervous! :) Anyone in the same boat?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
susannah mary. 11/14

Re: 1st Ultrasound Jitters

• My first ultrasound is Friday! It was set 3 weeks ago. I was really anxious the first week because I didn't have any symptoms and just thought the worst. But, my morning sickness (all day nausea) set in last week, so now the anxiety has been replaced with excitement! I thought the 3 weeks would go by so slow, but they have flown by! Lucky you, you don't have to wait long at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am rather nervous as well. Mine is tomorrow. I have had a terrible chest cold the last few days and felt just pathetically awful. Normally when I am sick, food seems like a bad idea, but I am still rather hungry every two or so hours, so I am taking that as a good sign. At least one of us feels like eating. Fingers crossed things go well.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine is Friday also, I just scheduled it this morning. I don't honestly know how far along I am, I think between 6-7 weeks this morning, so this will be the dating scan I guess.. I am so nervous to see a HB and just hope all is healthy.  My nurse said go ahead and schedule since my HCG from yesterday was 31,273.  So nervous. Fx for everyone :)
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go on friday, I'll be 7w3d.  I'm nervous and excited!  Just want that confirmation that everything is going well so far.

• My Dr. likes to see people for their first US between 8-10weeks. According to my LMP I'm 7 weeks but I have longer cycles so I'm probably more like 6 weeks. I just want to see a HB! :)
    susannah mary. 11/14

• Mine is next Tuesday. I'll be 8wks & 5days & I'm a nervous wreck!

Good Luck to everyone :)

• Mine's in two weeks... excited more than nervous... I'm just hoping for size to age to stay good over the long run - my first pregnancy was IUGR and munchkin was 2 lbs 15 oz at 32 weeks! (that's really small... she's 7.5 now and still only weighs about 45 lbs)
  • Mine is 2 weeks from now and I'll be 11 weeks 1 day. I'm so ready to actually see the baby! I only had m/s for about a week so I got lucky there. Other than round ligament pain, I don't feel pregnant until I see the baby!
    imageimage
  • Mine was yesterday. Leading up to is I was 95% excited, 5% nervous. DH is a worrier, he was probably 75%/25%.

Everything was great and we are both relieved. DH told the nurse that he was nervous because I haven't puked yet. The nausea kicked in last week but hasn't been too bad and no vomiting. DH is used to tv and movies where a newly pregnant woman has her head in a toilet a lot.

• My first u/s is in two weeks and I'll be 9 weeks/3 days.  Excited, but anxious to hear that heartbeat and know that everything is okay!
  • Mine's not for another 3 weeks-I'll be just over 9 weeks at that point and it will be the first time DH and I get to hear the heartbeat also.  I'm nervous for everything to be alright, and excited to see our baby for the first time!!

• Good luck to everyone who has their scans today, I just had mine and they dated me at 6w6d, heart beat was 144 bpm!! It was just an external scan too, they didn't need to do an internal.  Fx this means everything is good, and Fx for all of your ladies as well!
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also had mine today. I'm am measuring at 6w6d too-- based on LMP I was 8w4d, so a little shocking to be off by 2 weeks. Heartbeat was 125bmp. We saw the heartbeat flicker, but couldn't hear it yet. Tech ended up doing an internal to get a better view
  • mine is on the 18th at 10 wks. dad says he can feel the heartbeat, but i think he's imagining it out of excitement. 
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• I just had my first ultrasound today and I was super nervous too! I went in for the usual ultrasound but the doctor couldn't see anything so I then had a vaginal ultrasound (Which, by the way, wasn't bad at all! So don't worry if that ends up happening to you) and he was able to see my little baby the size of a sweet pea. It turns out I am half of what they thought I was. They thought I was 12 weeks but really I am only 6 weeks. I mysteriously missed my period in February. Anyway, it's okay to be nervous! I asked my nurse and she said, "Of course! It's your first pregnancy!" So just TRY (because I know it'll seem impossible to do so) to keep calm and excited. 
  • I'm sooo nervous for my first ultrasound on April 25th. In my 5th week i had broke out in hives and faced swelled up had to take steroids which can affect the baby and then my yesterday was getting sick all day couldn't keep anything down. I'm so scared and hope everything is going good
  • My first u/s is Thursday. I'll just be 7 weeks & I'm nervous too! Hoping to be reassured everything is a-ok!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some of these responses are very reassuring. I had a dating scan on 4/7. Went in thinking I was 7 weeks exactly by LMP, but only measured 5w. If course there was no heartbeat that early so I have been a little nervous. We did see gestational sac and yolk sac. I go back in 1 week to have another scan...I am trying to be patient.
  • drhjan2011drhjan2011 member
    edited April 2014
    Mine first ultrasound is a week from tomorrow.  I'll be something like 8w 5d.  I really wanted to have a sonogram to put in my mom's Mother's Day card to announce it to my family.  But at my first appointment last week my OB said I have a tilted uterus, meaning it's pointing towards my back and not in front pressing on my bladder like normal, so there's a chance the equipment may not be able to pick up the heartbeat until I'm several weeks further along.  But here's hoping!
  • BLC2013BLC2013 member
    edited May 2014
    BLC2013 said:
    I'm sooo nervous for my first ultrasound on April 25th. In my 5th week i had broke out in hives and faced swelled up had to take steroids which can affect the baby and then my yesterday was getting sick all day couldn't keep anything down. I'm so scared and hope everything is going good
    I went in for my first dr visit. The place i went to told me they don't do ultrasounds there until 16-19wks and only to find out the sex. I was beyond upset. I have had miscarriages in the past and i am soo worried that something could be wrong with my baby... ugh any of you ladies in swfl? 

Edit*
    Also based on my LMP i should have been 9wks at the time but she felt my uterus and said its impossible that i'm that far and she doesn't even think i'm pregnant because i don't have a dark line on my belly... She couldnt even tell me how far i was. UGh i need a new dr.
  • Miscarriage after miscarriage, and I'm pregnant again after two years of trying. I'm now 7 weeks along, and scheduled for an early ultrasound a week from today. The only thing I can think about is whether I'll see a little heartbeat, or not.
    imageimage
  • I had my first u/s today and was a ball of nerves this whole week. It's always scary not knowing. But everything went perfect. Baby has a heartbeat of 164 and they said that's healthy. I'm measuring right with my edd. All of this was so reassuring after losing my last pregnancy. Now it's just trying to keep the positive vibes until this first trimester passes. I hope your first goes great as well!
  • My first u/s was last week. I was so nervous for that appointment, I paced around work the entire morning until it was time for me to go to my appointment. My baby is a little small, so my doc changed my due date by a week. That makes me a little nervous, but we could see a strong heartbeat so that's reassuring. I go in for another one in five weeks (I'll be at 12wks then) 
  • My first this pregnancy is tomorrow. Super nervous!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Why does this post from like 5 months ago keep getting bumped?
  • I just had mine. I'm 9 weeks now. I was super excited and just a little bit nervous. But all went well, so that's great. :)
  • Mine's on Thursday. Was very nervous, and now feel a little peaceful and excited (have had 2 losses and multiple bad experiences in that room). But hoping and praying for the best for all of you! (and us!) I've known I was pregnant since days after inception, so this has been a very long 4-5 weeks.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Mine is scheduled for a month from today.. how the heck am I supposed to wait that long...patiently? :)

Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My first ultrasound is Friday (4 days from now) and I'm really excited. I'm really trying focus on being posative after two previous losses (found by ultrasound) I'm using the power of denial to my advantage. I am also going to a completely new practice that uses a different company to do their ultrasounds do that is really helping. I'm also bringing my husband this time instead of going alone.
  • My first ultrasound is tomorrow and i am super excited!! I wanna see my baby already..
  • AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited October 2014
    First ultrasound are so exiting! My ds did a little dance for us. That was the moment my heart began loving him more than I could ever imagine possible!
    ETA: damn you zombie thread!
  • Zombie post from March??
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • My first ultrasound is tomorrow morning. I was scheduled for last Friday, but the hospital called to reschedule.....I'm so anxious to see its little speck and heart beating!! 
  • I'm 10w2d and my first ultra is Tuesday I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.
  • First time pregnant at ALL over here and already 9w. Got my first U/S tomorrow afternoon. I've been a nervous wreck waiting but thankfully I only had to wait a week! Reading all the comments about how your appointments went kinda relieves some of my nerves. But I still can't help but be SUPER excited to hear my baby's heartbeat. I'm so in love already and they're only the size of an olive LOL

<3