Military Families

new here!

Little history, have 2 beautiful boys 8.5 and 3. 30 wk pg with baby girl!! My question is, has anyone traveled at 31 weeks (by car)? We've got spring break and I'm itching to get home, since B has been deployed  for almost 7 months. Our purple book tells us we can't go beyond 34 weeks, just wondering anyone's personal experience :)

TIA!

Re: new here!

• The recommendations are different by branch I think.  My husband is CG and we're seen at a Navy Hospital.  The Statement of Pregnancy I got from my OB is the same that would be given to an AD member of the Navy.  All travel must be completed by 36weeks...

We are PCSing when I'm 32weeks, and haven't run into any issues with it

• Ok thank you! I'll be 31 on Tues. I plan to take many breaks and stop to stretch as often as possible, thank you again!
  • Loading the player...
  • I did a road trip at 31 weeks and returned at 32 weeks.  I had an appointment the day before we left and they cleared me to go.  They did provide a copy of my records just in case.  I was miserable in the car.  About an hour in I really wanted to tell DH to turn around and take me home.  I didn't because we were going to his high school reunion and he was looking forward to it.  

We had to stop every 60-90 minutes for me to walk around so that made the trip take longer, of course I had to go to the bathroom anyhow with all the water I had to drink.  :)

• Hi all, I am new to the military board. My husband is also CG and we are delivering at an AF base. We are planning a road trip at 30/31 weeks for a baby shower in my hometown. I haven't brought it up to my doctor yet, but I will at my next appt, which is when I am 20 weeks. I am sure we will be taking many breaks along the way.
  • We drove from SC to NY when I was pregnant with my first, around 30 weeks. It was pretty miserable, my legs swelled up pretty bad on the return drive because we tried to so it overnight, sleeping in the car was not at all comfortable that far along! Take lots of breaks, drink plenty of water, and get out and walk, swelling is no fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"