May 2014 Moms
Options

ftm question to contact wearing stm+s

File this in the dumb question pile, but I am blind as a bat can I wear my contacts during labor our should I plan on wearing my super thick glasses?

Re: ftm question to contact wearing stm+s

• Options
    I'm an FTM also, but I think I'm going to just put my glasses on when I go into labour, for practical reasons really. I doubt taking my lenses out will be high on my list of priorities when I'm 10 hours in, or straight after the birth when I want to go to sleep! I find my eyes get dry towards the end of the day and I don't want to be dealing with that at an inopportune moment.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I'm wearing my contacts for sure. Maybe bring some rewetting drops if you're worried about dryness?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kept my contacts in during labor and even when I had an emergency c/s. A no-no I suppose but my glasses are not up to date and I really wanted to see everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my contacts in during my emergency c-section as well and I'm planning to wear them during my planned section this time.  So far I haven't been told that I can't.  I would wear them during labor, I wouldn't want my glasses to be annoying if was sweating and whatnot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    I'm a FTM but the instructor for our child birth class suggested wearing your glasses instead of contacts during labor. I don't think you would want to be worrying about your contacts drying out or taking them out when all you want to do is just rest later. I used to wear contacts but now mainly wear glasses... I'd wear my glasses instead, just less to fuss about.

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    I just wore my glasses last time, but I didn't sleep at all the night before and was exhausted. I may wear my contacts and bring my glasses this time...we'll see how it goes.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I wore my contacts the whole time, they never said anything to me about it either (I had a vaginal delivery). I didn't really have any issues with them drying out or being uncomfortable. I hate wearing my glasses b/c I just don't see as well, they are pretty old and not up-to-date on my prescription.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    My glasses are super thick and ugly plus I can't stand the loss of perifial (sp?) vision.. I think Ill try the contacts, thanks for the advice ladies
  • Options
    As long as you don't think they will get dry or uncomfortable I don't see why you couldn't wear them. My eyes kinda freak out when I wear my contacts during pregnancy, so I'll be rocking the glasses all the way. I'm pretty sure that I actually went without my glasses for most of my labor anyway, its not like there was much to see...
    image    image

• Options
    I wore mine the whole time.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    kalettekalette member
    edited March 2014
    I wore mine. They never even asked about it. I didn't take them out at night either like I had planned because I wanted to be able to see DD... I was only there for like 36 hours though.
  • Options
    I wore my contacts through both births. I plan to do the same this time. I just won't sleep in them over night.....but I don't want my glasses to be on for all the pictures
  • Options
    I don't wear contacts but my sister does - she brought her glasses with her just in case her contacts became way too dry. Ended up not needing them.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Options
    I wore my contacts both Times (vaginal deliveries). I did bring my glasses with me for a break.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"