May 2014 Moms
Options

Baby showers...

I feel like I'm always sharing Buzzfeed stuff but I just can't get enough. This was posted today and I loved it. Hopefully no one has had any of this stuff said to them at a shower!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dorieanstevenson/things-you-shouldnt-say-at-a-baby-shower
October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Baby showers...

• Options
    Haha I haven't had any of those, but when I had my first, random people at stores or who came into my work (I was a receptionist) would ask me how far along I was, and when I'd say "38 weeks" or whatever, they'd say things like "oh wow, how dilated are you?"
    Always felt really awkward answering like, oh yes stranger, let me tell you how open my cervix is.
  • Options
    Something not to say to the bed resting preggo who has a one day pass to sit up and interact with the world for the first time in eight weeks: So we are putting you in this arm chair so if you go into labor during the shower we can easily get you out of the house and to the hospital.

Whaaaaaa? No. No NO. There is to be ZERO discussion of going into labour in the middle of my shower. Baby can damn well wait a few hours. Preferably a few more weeks.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RoufiRoufi member
    Oh my...I got stabby just reading these...
  • Options
    I just found out that there will be delicious booze at my shower. I'm upset I can't partake, and I just know someone is going to ask #1.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mary97 said:
    ALE515 said:
    I just found out that there will be delicious booze at my shower. I'm upset I can't partake, and I just know someone is going to ask #1.
    I'm hoping there is no booze at mine.  I've been jonesing for a huge glass of wine (or bottle) the last few days.  Hopefully I will be over this craving soon or at least by the time my shower rolls around and no one asks me any of those questions.  I already had to deal with #4.  FIL's name isn't Herb but to me it's just as bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants/craves alcohol! There will be mimosas and bellinis, I'm so jealous!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RoufiRoufi member
    I would give my right arm for a sugary strawberry daiquiri right now, or a pitcher of sangria. Or a bottle of yummy red. Mmmmm....
  • Options
    Wow....I've actually had several of those. And there will be champagne punch and mimosas at my shower - I fully intend on having a glass. 
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:

Wow....I've actually had several of those. And there will be champagne punch and mimosas at my shower - I fully intend on having a glass. 

Dude. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • Options

Mimaloo said:

Dude. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Me three. In fact, I'm having a glass or red with dinner tonight too!
  • Options
    I had a glass of Pinot Noir the other night after dinner and it was beyond glorious! No shame!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"