Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

painful UTI...why me???

Its been almost a month since my m/c and I was just starting to feel better and then I got a UTI. Why can't I catch a break? I went to the clinic on Sunday because the regular doctor isn't in and they tested my urine, said I had a UTI, and prescribed some pills. Well now its Tuesday and I still have a burning crampy feeling. I went to work miserable yesterday but took off today because I just can't function like this. I'm going to call the clinic and see whether they got any results from the lab and maybe try to see a urologist later. It just sucks that this had to happen as soon as I was feeling better. WTH? It seriously depresses me. I also have an appointment with my therapist tonight that I will keep so I can talk to her about how all of this is making me miserable. In the meantime, will someone please shoot me? Thanks
Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

Re: painful UTI...why me???

• I'm sorry. I hate it when it just seems like one thing after another. :( Have you tried AZO for the pain? It's always worked really well for me. Won't help get rid of the infection, but it should help you be more comfortable.

Hope you get some relief soon.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Thank you @EllyD14‌, I haven't tried it yet but my MIL also said to use it so I am going to pick it up later. Its gotten to the point that I don't even want to get out of bed. But I am definitely going to get it today because I have to go to work tomorrow.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Loading the player...
  • AggieBeth06AggieBeth06 member
    edited March 2014
    Ticker warning ***

Hope you feel better quickly.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• :( I had a miscarriage in January and a nasty UTI in February:( I had to take an extended dose of cipro to clear it. So miserable. I hope you feel better really soon!!!
  • Thanks @fallfever. He actually confirmed that the UTI was clear go figure so I guess I just experienced the worst of it today. I mentioned the m/c but he didn't seem to think there was a connection. I still say that it seems quite likely that it made me more susceptible though.

• I know how you feel about catching a break! I got food poisoning a week after my D&C. When it rains it pours and there is no other way to describe it but it SUCKS, big time. I hope you get it cleared up soon. Our poor bodies need a break! Oh and as soon as you start feeling better, treat yourself to a spa day! Man you deserve it!!!
  • My last uti was a kind resistant to some antibiotics so they had to switch me to something else. I would follow up if you aren't feeling better.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"