Phoenix Babies

New to Arizona!!!

35nhappy35nhappy member
edited March 2014 in Phoenix Babies
Hello ladies! I will be moving to Gilbert from Minnesota in just a couple of weeks!! Nervous, scared, excited, anxious....so many emotions on top of being 11 weeks pregnant! :) I'm the mother of three amazing kids 17, 15 & 11 from my first marriage. My boyfriend and I are expecting this peanut October 6th and thrilled to be starting fresh in so many ways!! I'd love to meet other new and expecting moms in the area. Also, would love recommendations for a great OB in our near Gilbert.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New to Arizona!!!

• I live in North Phoenix. I have kids about the same age as your older 3. On top of that we just had a baby 6 weeks ago. I grew up in MI so I can tell you it will take time to get use to this type of climate
  • Hi! Welcome to AZ! I live in Gilbert, and I LOVE Valley Women for Women- they have several Gilbert offices. They have been so amazing so far. DH and I had issues conceiving and they helped get us started with fertility testing. We ended up getting pregnant on our own, but they've been wonderful and supportive since day 1- the doctors, NPs, and nurses. I had some bleeding at 9 weeks, and they got me in right away (within an hour) for an exam and ultrasound- they were extremely kind and compassionate, and helped reassure me, but were always straightforward and honest. They also give you the option of an ob, midwife, or Family Circle (group/class appointments with a short individual appointment before or after) which is nice, because you can get to know people with similar due dates.

I switched to VWFW from Goodman & Partridge- I would not recommend them, personally. Several of my friends have also had issues with G&P. I won't go into all of the issues I had with them, but one of my biggest complaints is that they didn't have good bedside manner, and I was given conflicting information from some of their doctors.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • Loading the player...
  • hi thanks that i found this post... can i too ask a few questions?
    i m not only new to Phoenix but to USA as well n although this will be my second baby I m scared. here it is very different for India. My doctor delivers both in Mercy as well as Chandler. but since chandler regional is practically next to my home I will be going there.
    now my questions... i will b having a c-section and i understand nothing of the procedure n terms here. can someone be kind enough to help?
  • I love Valley Women for Women, specifically the Val Vista office. Great team!
  • ErzeErze member
    Welcome to Phoenix!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"