May 2014 Moms
Options

Changing top for dresser?

Does anyone know where you can purchase a changing top for an existing dresser?
I have found a few on line but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for ones they had purchased??

Re: Changing top for dresser?

• Options
    I purchased one from PB Baby (it does not ship until mid-April) but I know Land of Nod also sells them. I saw the PB one in stores as a sample and I like that the  bottom is felt lined so it wouldn't scratch the dresser. It also has hooks that you can secure to the back of the dresser so it will not fall off.
  • Options
    I also bought mine from PB baby. I like the felt pad so I don't have to worry about damaging the top of the dresser.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Yeah, we just put a changing pad on top of our dresser too.  I did put down some of that no slip grip cupboard liner stuff, but that's it.  And just don't leave the child hanging out on the thing when you're not right there.  (But I'm pretty sure that's also a no-no if you have the changing top thing.)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ns1 said:
    Yeah, we just put a changing pad on top of our dresser too.  I did put down some of that no slip grip cupboard liner stuff, but that's it.  And just don't leave the child hanging out on the thing when you're not right there.  (But I'm pretty sure that's also a no-no if you have the changing top thing.)

We did the same thing, put down the grippy non-slip cabinet liner. Worked great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ns1 said:

We did the same thing, put down the grippy non-slip cabinet liner. Worked great!
    Probably a stupid question but will the non-slip liners hurt the wood? 
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Mimaloo said:

ns1 said:

We haven't had any issues with it hurting the wood on top of the dresser fwiw.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just put a changing pad in the dresser too. The dresser is painted white and I messed the paint up on the top a fee years ago (apparently the oils from those bamboo reed scent diffusers destroys paint). So instead of repainting it now I think I'm going to go ahead and put some Velcro strips down to hold the pad in place and then sand/repaint it after we're out of diaper years.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    We've just used a changing pad on top of an ikea hemnes dresser and it worked out fine. This time the dresser I chose is narrow, so I got a cheap changing table separate. I'm not sure how much PB Kids and Land of Nod are, but you can also find some splurge options on etsy. The store paintedcottages has adorable shabby chic 'changing table trays' but they run about $120 and then there's shipping $.
  • Options
    I also just went with the changing pad on top of a dresser.  I haven't had any problems with it damaging the wood, but as others have said you could always put some felt or something under it.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    We just put the pad on the dresser top, most come with two flaps to drill into the dresser itself to secure it. The flaps go behind the dresser so there is no cosmetic damage etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ns1 said:
    ns1 said:

We haven't had any issues with it hurting the wood on top of the dresser fwiw.

No damage here either. We got the non-adhesive kind, so it's still soft on the wood but keeps the changing pad from sliding.

https://www.target.com/p/taupe-brown-shelf-liner-18x8/-/A-13052242#prodSlot=large_1_3&term=Cabinet+liner

• Options
    deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited March 2014
    I registered for a changing table pad that will go right on top of the dresser without any of that wood. I will stick some of the non slip stuff that goes under rugs under it to keep it in place. If I have any caulk laying around you can also use that. You just squirt it on the bottom and let it dry. I've seen it done multiple times under area rugs so it doesn't slip.
  • Options
    We just put a changing pad on a dresser. Incidentally the warnings on a changing pad... absurd. Do not use once child can roll or push onto knees, but just use caution near open flames or while smoking, mkay? Totes makes sense that rolling baby would be too dangerous but open flames are just something to be cautious about.
    This is what we did as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"