Los Angeles Babies
Options

Where are you registering?

Hey there all - so I'm just approaching 16 weeks and starting to think about a registry. I'm getting all kinds of suggestions from LA mommy friends about where to register. Babies R Us seems to have a big selection but NO customer service. Walked in with a friend last night and found it very overwhelming. I have gotten some suggestions about places like The Juvenille Shop or Right Start in The SFValley. Smaller and more attention - but I don't want to pay through the nose for the same items. I am thinking I might do the big stuff at one of the shops and then all the basics at BRU. I also heard Buy Buy Baby is good but they have very few locations. Thoughts?

Re: Where are you registering?

• Options
    I registered at Target, Amazon and Babies R Us(but only for bedding)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I did buy buy baby and amazon. So far most people have bought stuff off of amazon. I managed both registries online and didn't even go into BBB. The other advantage of BBB is that bed bath & beyond coupons work there.
    <image>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did BRU--they have a great rewards program and offer sales too---and Target!! You can make changes, and manage both on-line. Yes, the first time in these stores is really stressful and overwhelming--there's so much that we're told we should register for--but that's what the rest of us are here for!! Try and have fun with it!!
  • Options

reverey said:
    I was just thinking about this today...

I think i'll probably do Buy Buy Baby (there's one in the South Bay) and it's online...and i'll probably do another like Target and perhaps Pottery Barn Kids if I see bedding I dig. I like the boutique places but I feel those are almost more inaccessible to people than BBB...and my in-laws and that side of the fam are in Houston and they have a location there. :)

A diaper registry might be cool. Check out Diapers.com (owned by Amazon)...they have more than just diapers.
    The BBB in Torrance is nice!  We were just there last weekend. We plan to register there for most things and then also PB Kids for bedding.  I've only been to the PBK in Manhattan Beach, which is pretty small... I'd like to find a bigger one to go explore.  Online is great, but I'd like to see it in person. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well I got started at BRU and think I am going to round things out at BBB this weekend :)
  • Options
    reverey said:
    @duckshh there's a PBK at the Grove...can always check that one out!
    Good call!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ljames102Ljames102 member
    edited April 2014
    We used babylist to combine registries from target, amazon, buy buy baby, pottery barn and giggle. So far its been great.
  • Options
    We did Amazon, and a few things at Target in case people wanted to buy in-store. 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Buy buy baby in SCV is fantastic and they have amazing customers service. They also offer higher end product like you would find at juvenile shop and right start. If your guests buy online they will gift wrap for free and ship most items for free too.
  • Options
    Baby list is awesome. They pull several stores in one registry. They have an app you can download on a smart phone or go on line. That's what I'm using.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"