Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby K'Tan Beeeze vs Regular

I am due the first week of August, so would like to be prepared for hot weather. Living in the south and having a 4 and 2 year old, it will be unavoidable to be outside playing and in the HOT HOT August heat! I have a Beco Gemini that I love and will continue to use, but wanted to get the K'Tan too! Is the breeze really that much cooler than the regular. It only comes in black or white, or will I be okay with the regular one which will last comfortably into cooler weather?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby K'Tan Beeeze vs Regular

• Options
    I'm in Texas so also hot and have a K'tan. I have the original and I couldn't wear it outside for longer periods.  It's not the carriers fault but having it be 100 outside with a baby on your skin is just hot in general, especially with 2-3 extra layers of tshirt material on top.  The Breeze might be better but I haven't tried it.  I actually just got a linen ring sling to try out since I hear they are great for heat. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I live near San Antonio. I got both the regular ktan (in black) and the breeze (in white). It is significantly cooler than the regular one! I highly reecommend! The mesh side works great on hot days. I couldn't do the Beco Gemini or the regular ktan I'd get way too hot. The ktan breeze is actually bearable! Although between my hormones and my hotbox LO we still got hot, but not nearly as bad as with the others. 
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm interested in this too. I have the original K'tan in black and live in San Antonio and it can get hot. I love the k'tan though and used it will all 3 girls. I'm not interested in switching brands/styles but I am interested in the Breeze since #4 is due in June. Also considering white but worried about how clean it would actually stay. 
  • Options
    @lmsmith1222 did you buy the Breeze in the same size as your original? 
  • Options
    I'm north of SA! Yes I did. 
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • Options
    thanks! I've read it doesn't stretch as much as the original. I have the original in a M but since I lost weight btwn babies I am now a small according to the size chart. I plan on using my M original but may have to keep washing it to shrink it after stretching. Debating the Breeze in a S vs. M. May order the M in it due to the decreased stretch factor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"