Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Useless pregnancy products?

BumpJackieBumpJackie member
edited March 2014 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
What gear or products did you think would be really helpful during your pregnancy but ended up useless? Did you never use it or regret buying it?

We'd love to know!

Thanks!
BeeJ

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: Useless pregnancy products?

• PB102012PB102012 member
    edited March 2014
    My breast pump..... Breaks my heart every time I see it in lo's closet not being used. I don't regret buying it because I was able to use it for about four weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bumpo was a waste for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pants in general. Just buy a bunch of maxi's and leggings. Real pants were WAY too uncomfortable to ever wear.

• Stretch mark cream. So dumb.
  • Snoogle body pillow.  Expensive, took up half the bed, and was not comfortable for me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was actually pretty conservative with what I bought for pregnancy, but two things proved to remain unused:

1. Hand-powered breast pump (could not get the thing to work! And once I did, it was WAY too hard for me)
    2. Maternity shorts (not cute. And not that comfortable. Maxi shirts/dresses would've been MUCH smarter)
  • Pregnancy pillow! They're ridiculously expensive, you're better off getting a really good pillow, and use a second between your knees. 
  • LeirebecaLeirebeca member
    edited March 2014
    pregnancy belt...coz my bump is very high...
  • Belly band. I used it for a few weeks before buying maternity jeans, and I just bought 2 sets of maternity jeans, one smaller that worked at the beginning and another larger for the rest of pregnancy/end of it.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • there are a lot more things .I think you should buy only thosre things which doc recommend you.
  • Bumbo seat- totally useless. My babies thighs were to big.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep bumbos suck.
  • My nursing pillow, the jolly jumper, my moby wrap. LO hated it.

• I know a lot of people are saying the nursing pillow but i recently found a new use for it and wish i had purchased it when PG with my first vs. my second! 

I now put it on the floor to make a big pillow circle around LO while he plays and fill it with toys for him. This way he has a nice place to play (He isn't crawling yet, just sitting) and if he tips over, he just falls onto the pillow! He likes to look around and reach for things so even though he sits solidly, he falls over occasionally.

It's so helpful when I'm getting ready in the morning!
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"