Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

What kind of tooth paste are you using?

I noticed DD's training tooth paste says "up to 24 months" on it (she'll be 2 end of this month), and am wondering what kind of tooth paste to get next? I don't feel like she is able to effectively rinse and spit yet, so I'm not sure a fluoride paste is a good option? What are you using?

Re: What kind of tooth paste are you using?

• Options
    Toms.  I believe it's strawberry flavor.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Still using the training toothpaste; I can't remember if it's the Aquafresh or the Oral-B right now.  He does not get the concept of spitting yet, and I'm not going to transition him to fluoride until he does.  Checked with the dentist yesterday and he said that was 100% fine.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Earthpaste. DD loves the lemon flavor.

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• Options
    We're also still on the training toothpaste by Oral B.  He likes to swallow before he spits.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The flouride toothpastes for young children say that it's bad only if you swallow more than what you use to brush your teeth, like if he decided to eat the tube of toothpaste (and mine has... thankfully, the less than 24 month kind).  That said, we just switched him to the flouride kind and he's learning to spit.  He's does it about 50% of the time now.  But I don't want to wait much longer to switch him.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    We're still using the Oral B Toddler flouride free toothpaste since DD has *just* started knowing to spit. We'll probably make the switch soon as she's getting better at it every day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our dentist said it was okay to use flouride toothpaste at 2 as long as we were using a tiny smear. We use Tom's strawberry flavor with flouride and he just recently started spitting well at 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    unfortunately my daughter has cavities so her pedia dent is making her use floucaryl which has 1500 mg of flouride. She is almost four though so  she knows to spit out.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    We still use the training toothpsate even though she over 2 years old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"