Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sex after birth of baby

I was not expecting this and was wondering what others have experienced.  I know this part is normal, I am exhausted!  My pumping schedule does not match my son's feeding schedule.  He eats every 3 hours in the NICU and I try to go for all feedings including his tube feedings.  I am due to pump at 1 am then go to the NICU at 3 am.   Ok, now the thing I am curious about.  I am tired and I had the c-section/hysterectomy 1w 3d ago and almost immediately after I started thinking about having sex with my husband.  It is just so darn sexy to see him with our son and also with how he has been taking care of me.   My OB said I would be at a higher risk for a more severe form of post partum depression because of the hysterectomy.  I have been emotional as far as happy tears for my son and his milestones but so far that is it.   I never expected to be this turned on.  My husband saw my uterus and the horrible scary fibroids along with the other not so pleasent parts of post delivery (mesh panties and huge pads) but he told me that he is having the same type of feeling about me as I am him.  I obviously can't do anything for 6 weeks (but luckily due to the hysterectomy bleeding stopped after a couple of days).  With the fibroids gone, I physically feel great with the exception of post op pain.  When the NICU is closed and we can't visit Ian, we have been making out like a couple of teenagers! I was prepared to feel horrible and not want sex for ages so this is quite the surprise.  Anyone else experience this?

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: Sex after birth of baby

• Yep. Not everyone's sex drive dies down after birth. Mine didn't. Though I'm single, so I just suffered in silence ;) 

• I was crazy a few weeks after I had DD. I wanted it so badly, but was definitely not going to do anything about it since I had a 2nd degree tear. Once I was cleared I was nervous about the first time and then when we finally DTD I didn't really want it anymore. I'm still kind of that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG I'm so jealous I don't have any drive...! I would give anything to want to feel like that, I barely want a hug let alone get freaky withy DH.....send some sexy juju this way mommas!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Normal! I basically begged dh to get it on before 6 weeks was up.
  • No, but good for you!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"