Minnesota Babies

infant car seat

I am trying to decide on an infant car seat for our little one and I have read a lot of good things about the chicco keyfit30. I have also seen Graco snugride as a very popular option as well. Thoughts/comments? We would really like to have a jogging stroller the car seat can fit into. It looks like the chicco one doesn't have a specific jogging stroller for it to fit into, anyone know if it will fit into a different brand of jogging stroller or if there is an adapter to make it fit? Thanks!

Re: infant car seat

• There is great facebook group for getting information on car seats. You will get lots of feedback there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarSeatsForTheLittles/
  • There are chicco adapters for BOB strollers. In my experience if you don't have a tiny backseat to deal with your best bet to be happy with your purchase is to decide on your stroller and then look at which seats it has adaptors for and test each of the options in your back seat.
    There are a few seats to avoid because they don't fit newborns very well some of the more popular seats to avoid are the snugride 22 by Graco and any of the Baby Trend seats.
    Also keep in mind that you can't run/jog with a baby in the car seat ever and most doctors recommend that your child be at least 6 months to one year old before you run with them at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • AKB090609 said:
    There are chicco adapters for BOB strollers. In my experience if you don't have a tiny backseat to deal with your best bet to be happy with your purchase is to decide on your stroller and then look at which seats it has adaptors for and test each of the options in your back seat.
    There are a few seats to avoid because they don't fit newborns very well some of the more popular seats to avoid are the snugride 22 by Graco and any of the Baby Trend seats.
    Also keep in mind that you can't run/jog with a baby in the car seat ever and most doctors recommend that your child be at least 6 months to one year old before you run with them at all.
    Good advice.

We have the Britax B-safe with adapter for the Bob Revolution and love both! 
  • They're only in the infant carrier for a VERY short time compared to how long you'll use the stroller...  Above all else, go with a seat that goes up to 35lbs. you'll thank yourself when your child is mobile and you can set them down and they stay there!!  It's also nice because of the height because they'll outgrow it lengthwise long before weight - if we'd have gotten a carseat rated to 22lbs, DS would have been out of it before he was 5mo... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"