Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My lo 1 month only sleep on my chest

Please help ! He only can sleep and maintain sleep for 1-4 hrs when he is on his belly on my chest. The minute I put him down in his co sleeper or swing or bed he wakes up in few minutes Irritate grunt turn red and cry: i have to pick him up and start All over again rocking him back to sleep on my chest ; I can't do anything. Any one goes through this ? Any advices greatly appreciate thanks

Re: My lo 1 month only sleep on my chest

• Try warming up his sleep spot with a heating pad while you're settling him down (remove the pad before you put him in, of course). Turn on white noise while you're feeding him his "bedtime" meal. Wrap him in a really tight swaddle after you're done feeding and burping him. If he fusses at the swaddle, give him a little more to eat after he's wrapped just to knock him back out. We also have two rolled up blankets in the bassinet to simulate him being held...one on either side of him. My son is high maintenance when it comes to bedtime, so I feel your pain. Good luck!
  • DS bedshared with me from day 1 (mostly sleeping next to me either side-lying nursing or using my boob as a pillow). He napped in my arms for the first 6-ish months of his life. He simply wouldn't sleep if I wasn't holding him. 

I would read up on safe bed-sharing so you're prepared if you decide to go with it next time your LO won't sleep away from you and you're too tired to fight it. So many women do bedshare, at least a few times, and it's best to know how to do it safely. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks fir the advices and encouraging words ; I will have to go through it then ;) happy exhaustion
  • DS is 11 weeks old and he's still sleeping on us. It has been exhausting, but I know I'll miss these snuggles later. We're trying to transition to the crib now, but it's slow going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"