Washington Babies
Options

St. Joseph's in Tacoma

Hello all!  My wife will be delivering at St. Joseph's in Tacoma this May.  We took the tour last weekend and it was very hot in the building  -- many people on the tour were making comments about this.  Anyone out there have experiences birthing at St. Joe's?  Was the temperature comfortable?  Any other comments?  Thanks!!

Re: St. Joseph's in Tacoma

• Options
    I had an awesome experience at St Joes. They have thermostats in the birthing rooms that you can adjust yourself. I don't remember it being too hot.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for clearing that up - we were worried about it being uncomfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an awesome experience at St Joes. They have thermostats in the birthing rooms that you can adjust yourself. I don't remember it being too hot.

This. I delivered dd there and will deliver this baby there and don't remember being hot at all. I really loved my experience there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered both my kids there. I believe they keep it warmer up on the mother baby unit because its harder at the newborn stage to regulate temperature. You do have a thermostat in your room and can always ask the nurse to help :) I loved it there and plan to go back for my third (when that time comes)
  • Options
    I delivered my son at St. Josephs in 2010 and had an absolutely wonderful experience. I was 19 and a bit nervous but the facility and my nurses/midwife made the labor and delivery very pleasant. I especially enjoyed the bathtub and long halls to walk in and progress labor.
  • Options
    I just delivered there in November and loved my experience there! Rooms were comfortale, staff were friendly, and the staff made me be okay with the fact that I needed an epidural. If I do a hospital delivery again, I will definitely go to saint Jo's again
  • Options
    My mom delivered all my sibilings there way back in the 80s and loved it :p 
  • Options
    annunesannunes member
    I delivered my son there and he ended up in the nicu for a week. The nurses were awesome and the stay was comfortable!