Iowa Babies
Options

moving to davenport area

Hi Ladies!!

I just found out last week that my husband and I are moving to Davenport, Iowa. We have never been to Iowa or know anybody that has lived there. Can anybody give me some information about the area? We are looking to buy a house and would love to live in a child friendly community. We are moving from Baldwinsville, NY and we didn't have an easy time meeting people. We have a 5 month old daughter and large dog. We felt like the youngest people everywhere we went. What is Davenport like? What about some of the small towns surrounding Davenport such as DeWitt or Eldridge? Is there close shopping and grocery stores? Are the schools good? Are there nice parks and activities we can be involved in? Thank you for any help or advice you can give. We are looking forward to moving and learning a new city again. 

Re: moving to davenport area

• Options
    As a recent transplant from that area I cam give you my 2cents.

You are moving into an area know as the quad cities. Davenportbis one of them. If you want to live in Davenport you will want to be in the Dav Cental school district as that is tje best hs for davenport. However the outer communities you mention of dewitt and eldridge are smaller and have less ammenities but are drivable for them. Eldridge has great schools. Another community to look at would be bettendorf. Good schools and nice housing,this area can be a litle inflated for hpusing prices.

Hope that little bit helps. Tjere was a quad cities board tyring to get active brfore i moved. Maybe try finding it and posting you question.

Good luck with the move!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"