TTC After a Loss
Options

Tuesday Throat Punch

Daily vents, frustrations, shitty shit, etc. goes here.

Re: Tuesday Throat Punch

• Options
    A huge TP to the electric company. I understand that we are not the only ones without power. But we have a power line down right next to the PROPANE TANK and I called it in yesterday and they said they marked it as an emergency. Apparently they didn't because we called back last night and there wasn't even an order for it. Then we get a text saying our area wasn't affected by the weather then another saying we have power.Um no, we ddon't. I just called back and was told it was marked emergency again but who knows how long it will take. Sigh.....
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    TP to the Bump for not being sensitive to loss moms. I'm glad that they removed the announcement, but they really should have thought about it before it was put up in the first place.  There's only a handful of safe places on this site and they really hurt a lot of women today. ((hugs)) ladies.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want TP my car... I put $635 in it 2 weeks ago & now it died twice on the way to work.  (My commute is 2 miles.)  It's back at the shop & I hope it doesn't cost much because I don't have much!  I am hella emotional because of the meds I'm on so I've already cried today.  UGH!
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
  • Options
    I'm irritated about the ruptured cyst. It effing hurts and it's uncomfortable. First I have a MC, now this. I'm just feeling like I'm having a run of bad luck and I'm so done with it. Have to go across the island for the RE to check on it, glad they're being cautious but the drive is a PITA.

I want to feel better and not be in pain so I can get back in the gym. I was taking of the 2WW off because it gave me peace of mind. They told me it was a BFN yesterday so I just want to get on with life. Taking next cycle off b/c DH is OOT. 

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ToriGirl2014ToriGirl2014 member
    edited March 2014

(ETA: warning, loss mentioned)

TP to insensitive people. 

My female co-workers don't know about my MC, but at a social event the other night they were all teasing me about how I was the next one that was going to get KU (they all have kids, most within the last year). 

I keep getting comments like this at work/ by family members/ at the hair salon/etc. and I am sick of ignoring and allowing that type of talk to continue.  So I thought I'd stop it by telling them we were having IF issues and I had also had a loss back in December.... so it will happen when it happens.

This of course had the unintended consequence of spurring them to spout all sorts of "wisdom" my way ~~  "it happens when you stop trying," "you'll be a mom in no time," "just stop worrying about it," and the best one ... "I know what you're going through, it took me four months to get pregnant this last time."   [-(

I decided the best route would be to tell them (and did tell them), "you know, those types of comments aren't really helpful to someone in my situation."  Which then spurred the response "but you know, (other co-worker) is right, it just happens when you stop trying/worrying."

So, TP to their insensitivity, and TP to me for accidentally making the situation more uncomfortable for myself, despite best intentions.

None of them are meanspirited about it, but it is still stinging after several days

BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Options
    @ToriGirl2014 (((hugs))) you did everything you could in the situation. TP to those coworkers for being ding-bats and not just STFU like they should have.
  • Options
    @ToriGirl2014 (((hugs))) you did everything you could in the situation. TP to those coworkers for being ding-bats and not just STFU like they should have.
    Thanks.  I see similar complaints from other TTCALers pretty regularly so I have to figure that people just aren't sensitized to the issue.  Thus, why they act like dingbats. 
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Options
    @torigirl2014 - TP to them, indeed.  I admire your courage in sharing your loss/IF struggles.  Sorry you were met with that insensitivity

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Options
    ***living children mentioned***

TP to my coworker. Yesterday we were standing around the nurses station and she mentioned how her hair is thinning so much from BFing her DD. Well, I am still BFing my DS and I did lose a ton of hair when he was 3-6 months old, but it is finally starting to fill back in and she was like "your hair is thinning, too!" Gee, thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"