Stay at Home Moms

I think this is weird.

2»

Re: I think this is weird.

• That is weird...I would bet they more meant that he wouldn't like it, so they wouldn't do it (not much better but, not really controlling I guess). You should just say "oh well, I didn't ask permission." lol
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Stopping all the quoting, what I mean is, I like the idea of cutting it, but in theory, we both prefer it long. I'd prefer the convenience of having short hair, but in theory, I know he loves it and so do I.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • jlpevjlpev member
    I posted earlier about cutting my hair. My dh says I can do whatever I want but loves it long. I have cut it twice about shoulder length since we have been married. He grows to like it each time. He always jokes about divorcing me if I cut it any shorter.
    I do value his opinion but I do what I want.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlpevjlpev member
    dang ladies....My dh only kids around about the divorce thing. I just know how much he loves long hair. Geeze I had no idea my post would start this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlpev said:
    dang ladies....My dh only kids around about the divorce thing. I just know how much he loves long hair. Geeze I had no idea my post would start this.
    People are dramatic.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Hollylb3 said:
    Not permission, but definitely opinion. I've had long hair ever since we've been together (since forever, actually). I would love to cut it all off, but I know he likes it long, so I keep it. He tells me over and over to do what makes me happy, but I can't do it, lol.
    Good lord. This actually makes me want to throw up.
    How is this different than what AG said?
    Because she likes AG. 
    No, IMO, what they said is different. It has very little to do with liking one and not the other.
  • jlpev said:
    People are dramatic.
    This was based on another post? I only responded based on this one. If my husband even kidded around with me about divorcing me bc I cut my hair, I'd punch him in the junk and call it a day.
  • edited March 2014
    Hollylb3 said:
    Stopping all the quoting, what I mean is, I like the idea of cutting it, but in theory, we both prefer it long. I'd prefer the convenience of having short hair, but in theory, I know he loves it and so do I.
    Yeah, that's not what you wrote. Make up your mind.

ETA~ And if you are wondering, you are the person I figured would answer that way.
  • Hav=Fath said:
    Hollylb3 said:
    Not permission, but definitely opinion. I've had long hair ever since we've been together (since forever, actually). I would love to cut it all off, but I know he likes it long, so I keep it. He tells me over and over to do what makes me happy, but I can't do it, lol.
    Because she likes AG. 

oh come in there is an obvious difference. Holly specifically said she wants to cut it but won't because her husband likes it. I said I like mine long and have no desire to cut it. Pretty big difference, but good try hav.
  • KateMW said:

Hollylb3 said:

Stopping all the quoting, what I mean is, I like the idea of cutting it, but in theory, we both prefer it long. I'd prefer the convenience of having short hair, but in theory, I know he loves it and so do I.

ETA~ And if you are wondering, you are the person I figured would answer that way.

Glad I can live up to your expectations.

What's that thing we say around here all the time? "If it works for them, who cares?"

Due 12/29/2012
  • Hav=Fath said:
    Andrewsgal said:
    Hav=Fath said:
    Hollylb3 said:
    Because she likes AG. 

oh come in there is an obvious difference. Holly specifically said she wants to cut it but won't because her husband likes it. I said I like mine long and have no desire to cut it. Pretty big difference, but good try hav.
    Come on, maybe there was a subtle difference in what you and Holly said... not that I don't think you're saying the exact same thing, but lets not pretend Kate would say you were lame for doing what your H likes with your hair.... or taking his opinion into consideration. Holly made it clear that at times she wanted to cut it but she takes his opinion into consideration, I don't think she's dying to have short hair either.
    You have to realize that when someone makes a comment of course the poster is taken into consideration.
  • Hav=Fath said:
    Hav=Fath said:
    Andrewsgal said:
    Hav=Fath said:
    Hollylb3 said:
    Because she likes AG. 

Come on, maybe there was a subtle difference in what you and Holly said... not that I don't think you're saying the exact same thing, but lets not pretend Kate would say you were lame for doing what your H likes with your hair.... or taking his opinion into consideration. Holly made it clear that at times she wanted to cut it but she takes his opinion into consideration, I don't think she's dying to have short hair either.

You have to realize that when someone makes a comment of course the poster is taken into consideration.
    Of course, which is why Kate had a different take on what you said vs what Holly said. Like I said, she likes you. Nothing wrong with that, just a fact.  But Hav, you agreed with me...so do you think what AG said was BS too or just Holly?
  • Hollylb3 said:
    Hollylb3 said:

Glad I can live up to your expectations. What's that thing we say around here all the time? "If it works for them, who cares?"
    I don't say that. I also don't really "care", I just think what you said was silly. Opinion is one thing, not cutting it even though you want to is gross.
  • KateMW said:

Hollylb3 said:

KateMW said:

Hollylb3 said:

Glad I can live up to your expectations.

What's that thing we say around here all the time? "If it works for them, who cares?"

I don't say that. I also don't really "care", I just think what you said was silly. Opinion is one thing, not cutting it even though you want to is gross.

Gross because I value my husband's opinion? And as I said already, I also like my hair long. It's not just his opinion I'm factoring in.

Due 12/29/2012
  • But you didn't write that Holly. You wrote that you wanted to cut it. I can only respond to what you write. There is a difference between valuing your husband's opinion, I believe we all do that, and letting your husband's opinion dictate your choices when you prefer it a different way.
  • KateMW said:

But you didn't write that Holly. You wrote that you wanted to cut it. I can only respond to what you write. There is a difference between valuing your husband's opinion, I believe we all do that, and letting your husband's opinion dictate your choices when you prefer it a different way.

And then I added more information. I like the idea of short hair for the convenience. He likes long hair; I, too, think it's prettier. So I keep it. If it were a constant pain in the butt, I'd cut it. But I've had it this way forever and I hate change.

Due 12/29/2012
  • I ask his opinion, not his permission. He always says do whatever makes you happy! Then again, he knows me to damn well....I would never cut my hair short. It took me so long to grow it this long, i doubt i'll get it this long ever again in my life lol 
    Sometimes, he goes through phases (spring to summer) where he shaves his hair off-completely.... and he always asks me my opinion before he does it....then does it anyways. I hate it!! But hey, it's his hair and it'll grow back! 

I'v always loved the long bob kinda look, honestly, I wish I was brave enough to try it... maybe one day....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hav I think you are about the last person who should give marriage advice.
  • amy052006 said:

KateMW said:

Hollylb3 said:

Hah --- this is what I am thinking!  I totally take people's response in context to their past posts.  In that context, I have no trouble buying Holly would wear her hair how her husband would want, and AG would take his opinion into account.  I totally get what Kate is saying here.
    Yes it's all about the perception we have of posters because of the way they present themselves. Holly has made it very clear she is a conservative Christian. CC typically are a submit to your husband type. I think I have made it pretty clear that while I adore my husband I am very independent.
  • Actually, while I am a CC, my husband would never in a million years dream of telling me what to do with my hair. He doesn't tell me what to do period. We have a mutual respect where we consider each other's opinions. Yes, I appreciate when he likes the way I look. As I said so many times, he tells me to do what I want.

Due 12/29/2012
  • KateMW said:
    jlpev said:
    People are dramatic.
    This was based on another post? I only responded based on this one. If my husband even kidded around with me about divorcing me bc I cut my hair, I'd punch him in the junk and call it a day.
    LOL I love how this is under the "People are dramatic" quote....b/c punching your H in the junk wouldn't be a dramatic response to a joke;)

That's all I have to contribute to this discussion....besides that I've never asked DH his opinion about my hair....he always just says "Cool haircut" when I get it cut, but I pretty much keep it the same way....if I were planning to make a drastic change I'd probably give him a heads-up.
  • Hey.

Due 12/29/2012
  • You know, you annoy me more than Hav ever has and I can't explain why.
  • I find you quite charming, too.

Due 12/29/2012
  • I'm sure. LOL
    I thought she was Alicia when she first started posting.

Alicia never gave me the CC/Duggar vibe but I guess I can see it.
  • I was here before Alicia left, FYI.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Damn...for some reason I can't get rid of this underline mark.  You people who don't tell your husbands what to do are wonderful.  I, on the other hand, tell my husband all kinds of shiznit to do.  Mainly cut his damn hair.  His hair is long and the joker will not cut it.  It's not pony tail long or anything but he's going through some type of phase where he wants it longer.  I say all the time cut it.  It's working out well...considering he isn't cutting at all.  
    Like frat boy long? 
  • AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited March 2014
    Damn...for some reason I can't get rid of this underline mark.  You people who don't tell your husbands what to do are wonderful.  I, on the other hand, tell my husband all kinds of shiznit to do.  Mainly cut his damn hair.  His hair is long and the joker will not cut it.  It's not pony tail long or anything but he's going through some type of phase where he wants it longer.  I say all the time cut it.  It's working out well...considering he isn't cutting at all.  

lol I tell my husband to trim his beard ll the fucking time when it gets long enough and he starts playing with it. It drives me crazy. He listens 50% of the time. Win!
    I thought she was Alicia when she first started posting.

Alicia never gave me the CC/Duggar vibe but I guess I can see it.
    It was her general attitude. I thought Holly was an AE- not Alicia's real persona.
    Oh! I get it, I am slow today. Yeah, I agree with that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"