New Jersey Babies
Options

Venues for Baby Shower in Northern NJ

aileenx13aileenx13 member
edited March 2014 in New Jersey Babies
Hi I am having my first baby in August and would like to have my baby shower outdoors in July. Anyone suggest restaurants or venues, parks, etc who cater to this type of event. My husband wants everything in one spot and not bring outside caterers or rent things etc. Any ideas Please thank you 

Re: Venues for Baby Shower in Northern NJ

• Options
    1. Why are you throwing yourself a baby shower? Baby showers are a gift, and throwing yourself one isn't very good etiquette.
    2. Bergen county summers are brutal. Why would you want to be outdoors that far along in your pregnancy in what will likely be 80+ temperatures and humid? Those temps wouldn't be good for you or baby.
    3. No suggestions. Sorry. Good luck.
  • Options
    It may be difficult to have it somewhere outdoors without bringing in an outside caterer, rent things, etc. unless y ou do it at a restaurant that has an outdoor seating area.  Not sure how big your shower is going to be but Garden Cafe in New Milford has a cute outdoor area.  Also, Le Jardin in Edgwater has a nice outdoor patio on the water.  May be pricey, but Waterside Restaurant in North Bergen is also on the water and has a beautiful outdoor patio.   Hope these help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is to the first response. Not good etiquette?? 
    1. That is extremely rude. There is no bi-law that says baby showers have to be a gift, and no one will look at you differently if you decide to do it your own way. Not  everyone has a sister, close friends or relatives that live nearby.
    2. Bergen County summers are not terrible and there are outdoorsy spots in Jersey City and Hoboken. Depends on how much you are looking to spend. 
    Congrats and good luck!

• Options
    babywjbabywj member
    I think it would be nice to take advantage of the summer by the Hudaon river. Liberty state park has a lot of outdoor grilling areas to rent at very cheap price. Some are free. The ones you need to pay have tents and the ones you don't do not have tents. But it should be lovely either way w some breeze from the river. I just attended one there. Also check out parks in Hoboken along the river too. Plenty of nice area w nyc skylines to do picnic.

I don't see why you can't throw a baby shower for yourself. Don't worry about the first post.
  • Options
    People may not say it to your face, but they will talk about you behind your back for throwing yourself a baby shower.  Also I realized this is a really old post.  Oh well.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"