Breastfeeding

Should I give LO a sipply cup?

My DS is 6 months and EBF. I was wondering if I should start letting him use a sippy cup. If so, what should I put in it? Just breast milk? We let him suck on an apple slice the other day but other than that he has never tried food, WCM or water.

Re: Should I give LO a sipply cup?

• We have always done water.
  • we introduced the sippy cup (with water in it) with purees around 6 months. DS is 7 months and likes to kind of play with it. he takes an occasional drink. 

I wouldn't put BM in it because I nurse him when we are together and pump for daycare.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Our pedi told us water wasn't necessary for a BF baby til 10mo, and that was a maybe.
  • I breastfed my first and I gave her a sippy cup with bm in it or water. She didn't seemed to interested in it. Along with solid food, she didn't want any. In fact she would gag when she would put food in her mouth. 

She didn't start eating solids until about 8 months. Same with the sippy. 
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• RDK24RDK24 member
    NVandGZ said:

Our pedi told us water wasn't necessary for a BF baby til 10mo, and that was a maybe.

This. Our pedi said breast milk has all the water they need for now (LO is 7 months). If your LO gets constipated, that's another story though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"