May 2014 Moms

Starting to take bets on when my mental breakdown will happen...

I've always been someone who put too much on my plate but I think I may have over done it this time...

I work full time as a high school teacher, my husband works full time for the post office.  I work from 7-3(ish), he works from 5 pm-2am. We already have a 2 year old so there's no break when I get home from teaching.

I'm working on my last semester of my Masters.  The last class is May 9th, I'm due May 10th, and graduation is May 17th.

Oh, and I just signed a p&s on a home and our closing date is on March 24th!

Anyone else as crazy as I am? or will I be crashing and burning on my own?

Re: Starting to take bets on when my mental breakdown will happen...

• Wow! I quit teaching high school before I started a family and couldn't imagine still doing it now! Kudos to you! Your graduation is so close though that must be a huge relief! And you won't even care to worry when your new LO gets here. Take care of yourself in the meantime.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You're just as crazy as I am! I'm a grad student in a clinical program (M-F, 8-13 hour days, homework and reports during nights/weekends.) I TA/tutor an undergraduate Neurology course as well, have a full clinic caseload, and a 9 and 12 year old at home- who have their own schedules, two sports apiece, etc.

And when will your breakdown happen? High five for not having it yet. Mine began about 3 weeks ago. No end in sight! I spend my days manically laugh-crying and getting positively nothing down whole freaking out about everything.

That occasional small glass of red wine that's okay by my doc is beginning to sound delightful.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a whole bunch on my plate too, working, plus just opened a business of my own, renovating our new house, cleaning up our other house to sell, moving, 2.5 year old etc. I get where you're coming from!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"