May 2014 Moms
Options

Tilted Uterus

Anyone else have this? Has yours resolved?

I was aware my uterus was tilted to the left and back before getting pregnant (OB speculates it's due to endo), but once I got pregnant I was told it would resolve itself during pregnancy. Today I found out it hasn't resolved and it's actually more tilted than they'd originally thought. I didn't get to speak to my OB about it, just the nurse so I'm kind of freaking out. Does this mean I can't have a vaginal delivery?

I also resorted to Dr. Google (which I immediately regret) and read that some women who have a tilted uterus are often further along in their pregnancies due to it being more difficult to get accurate gestational measurements. The source on that factoid is questionable, so I'm trying not to freak over that. But still, WTH uterus? Get your crap together!

Re: Tilted Uterus

• Options
    The dr mentioned mine was tilted at the beginning of my first pregnancy, but she didn't seem concerns. I have no idea if it straitened out or not. But with both pregnancies my stomach has looked completely lopsided.... Not sure if that is why..l
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    theoryofwhattheoryofwhat member
    edited February 2014
    I think what worried me was that the nurse made it seem like a big deal, but was very vague and said I'd have to ask my OB for every question I threw in her direction. That's probably why I Googled...I should know better by now.
    :|

That all makes me feel a lot better, though. Have I ever mentioned how awesome you are @Miles2Go?

• Options
    I'm not sure if you have or not, but feel free to mention it as often as you like. ;)

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, somehow I missed half of your original post! I should mention my tilted uterus had no effect on a vaginal delivery, though I am not sure exactly how tilted it is. Will you see your doctor next to be able to ask dr your questions?
  • Options
    I have a tilted uterus too. I assume it has righted itself since I can feel the top of my uterus above my belly button. They say it usually comes forward early in the second trimester.
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was told I have a titled one as well, but not sure how tilted or anything.  I assume it has resolved itself right now because the doctor hasn't mentioned anything about it since.
  • Options
    Depends on the specific tilt. I know someone who's tilt made it so that all of her babies were breech; they just wouldn't fit head down. But that's just one situation; chances are they'll just have to watch you closely and see how it goes.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Mine is tilted. Always has been. I had a previous c/s, not for that bit my sister who has a tilted had a vaginal birth with no problems. Good luck!
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @knash87, my next appointment is March 4, so I guess I'll be talking with her then. Seems so far away!

I had no idea this was a pretty common issue and it's awesome to hear that there have been successful vaginal deliveries with a tilted uterus (I really don't wanna go c-section route). LO is head down so I'm assuming that's a good sign, but I thought this sort of issue kind of resolved itself by 2nd tri. But then again, that's probably the cray Dr. Google put in my head last night.
  • Options
    I have a "severely" tilted uterus (antiverted...whatever that is). OBs always mention it but never made it a concern. I don't know if it righted itself with DD or not, but I had a vaginal delivery with no issues.

I would probably call the dr. if I were concerned just to ease my mind.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also have a very tilted uterus. This was discovered at my very first ob visit at 16, nothing's changed still tilted. This will be baby number two, vaginal delivery went smoothly push him out after 30 min. The only issue I really had was more back pain/back labor. This ones started some back pain earlier then my first, but it's not too bad yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Loving all the success stories!
    @divine0chaos, I've been having a lot of back issues, too. It's been ridiculous. I wonder if it's related to the tilt?
  • Options
    It is very related. Even with my period I would have sever back pains! My ob told me to expect it to be worse this time around and it has been. Much earlier on too. I have a feed corn bag someone gifted me I use it almost everyday to help with my back. Also hubby helps with mini back runs on my lower back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My Dr mentioned it very off-hand when I had the whole ectopic scare/cysts that looked like another baby in there...he just said it makes it more  difficult to date in the beginning and has never mentioned it again.
  • Options
    I have a tilted uterus, I have no idea if it affected my son going over due or not, I think it made it hard to do my cervix checks because it wasn't in the "typical position" on every other normal human being out there. I had really bad back labor, thank you also to pitocin. Pushed for an hour and had minimal recovery pain, two small stitches. 

I had bad back pain when I was younger, didn't get cramps but would get back pain during that time of the month. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"