May 2014 Moms
Options

So...

My husband is building our crib and I'm pretty sure that the F word will be our child's first word after how many times he has heard it today!

Re: So...

• Options
    Really? What brand is it? I want to know to avoid it in the future.

Ours was so easy to put together. And one of the pieces even came broken and we had to get a replacement piece shipped. That was frustrating!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy jeez .... that dresser part looks tough. I can see why he needs all the sailor-speak.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I will be the one putting together our furniture because my husband is not good at following directions. He is not that kind of thinker and looking at all the pieces overwhelms him i think. im a math teacher so puzzles are right up my ally. I always joke that when our kids need something fixed or put together- instead of "daddy can you..." It will be "mommy can you..." He doesn't like that much but it's the truth!
  • Options

Hey, that's a complex word!  F is a hard letter, and a "ck" sound is hard too.

I like that crib.

This. Very true. I teach Kindergarten and we just learned the ck blend! ;)
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options
    My husband is horrible at written directions. I don't think he's ever put together anything we've bought with out me having to step in!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    Ha!! I totally understand. Putting together nursery furniture has been one of our biggest fights in quite a long time.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    LOL. I'm the designated furniture builder in our house. DH doesn't have the patience for it and refuses to read instructions.
  • Options
    hcorcoran said:

It is Sorelle.  image

We got a similar changer combo crib also by Sorelle...the changer part sucked!! But now that it's together, I love it.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    Love the crib!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

• Options
    That's one complicated looking piece of furniture!

I can't make furniture or DIY with DH. He's impatient and a snatcher, so I just have to leave the house when he embarks on a project. He'll snatch things out of my hand and push me out of the way if I'm not doing it how he wants, so I just leave him to it.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    when DH was putting together DD's big girl bed a few months ago she came stomping into the room yelling "last fucking time"....good job DH

yep.....furniture assembly can really help build a child's vocabulary :-)

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options

My husband dropped his fair share of F bombs building the nursery furniture.  The crib was the worst one, though!  Too bad he still has one more still to build :)  He assures me it will go smoother the second time around.  HA! 

The joys of twins.

• Options

The crib is so amazing!!!

=((  I want a crib!!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Options
    HAndrews25HAndrews25 member
    edited February 2014

My hubby is putting together the crib, dresser, end table, changing table top, bookshelf, and toy storage cube this weekend. I plan on avoiding the room and just providing enough beer to calm the situation, yet not too much to inebriate him and have the crib clapse on the baby the first time we put him in.  It is a delicate balance.  ;)

• Options
    My cousin warned me about how difficult putting the crib together would be. She said it took her and her DH 6hrs. I warned my DH and he just laughed at me. He's a construction manager and has been doing carpentry since he was 9. He put our crib together in 32min, once it was out of the box. I timed him. Felt blessed that I married someone like that. :x
    I am a complete rule follower when it comes to those things and it would have taken me two + days.
  • Options
    Jillzy86 said:
    My cousin warned me about how difficult putting the crib together would be. She said it took her and her DH 6hrs. I warned my DH and he just laughed at me. He's a construction manager and has been doing carpentry since he was 9. He put our crib together in 32min, once it was out of the box. I timed him. Felt blessed that I married someone like that. :x I am a complete rule follower when it comes to those things and it would have taken me two + days.
    6 hrs???  @-)  

I don't think it took my H more than an hour. 

You should probably recommend they never get a kid craft kitchen.  Average build time on those suckers is about 4 hours for the average parent.  

• Options
    If that crib is giving your DH trouble, do not - I repeat - DO NOT buy your child this kitchen!

This thing was created by demons! There's a special place reserved in hell for my mother, who bought this for our boys for Hanukkah this year and had it shipped out our house so DH and I could put it together. 3.5hrs of my life I'll never get back, worse than IKEA instructions you'd find.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

If that crib is giving your DH trouble, do not - I repeat - DO NOT buy your child this kitchen!

This thing was created by demons! There's a special place reserved in hell for my mother, who bought this for our boys for Hanukkah this year and had it shipped out our house so DH and I could put it together. 3.5hrs of my life I'll never get back, worse than IKEA instructions you'd find.
    Kidcraft is the debil. Fo real. We have this one. It took H 4.5 hours to put it together. Totally worth it though she loves that thing.

• Options
    danabsd said:

Kidcraft is the debil. Fo real. We have this one. It took H 4.5 hours to put it together. Totally worth it though she loves that thing. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We bought this one from HaPe... It took about 15-20 minutes to assemble and is solid.

• Options
    I love Ikea instruction books! But I have to "translate" them for DH.
    I've been wanting to get a kitchen for DS. He loves "cooking" soup with his mini dishes from Ikea.
  • Options

all IKEA instructions are unreal.....I bought a bed there and took it back because it would never ever go together. I only buy stuff there that is easily put together or already made. 

• Options
    My last ikea item I got wasnt too bad... We got a tv stand with drawers and extra stuff on it and put it together in less then an hour. I thought that was a success!  

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When we picked up our crib DH had a cold so was obviously dying and couldn't possibly find the energy to build it. I got fed up of waiting for him so did it myself. It probably took about an hour total and I only needed his help with putting the base in since it's a 2 person job. I was quite proud of myself, I usually skip a bunch of steps and completely mess up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"