Georgia Babies
Options

Shopping for nursery furniture

Where would you suggest shopping for nursery furniture? Babies R Us seemed overwhelming but also didn't seem to have a great selection. I've heard Buy Buy Baby recommended by some people, so will check that out soon. Where else? My mom is coming to town to shop with me next month and is asking about boutiques/specialty stores rather than chains...and I have no idea where to take her. Selection is a bigger concern than price.
Thanks!

Re: Shopping for nursery furniture

• Options
    We got the crib at Buy Buy Baby, but did the dresser from Ikea.  That's all we bought furniture wise last time around.  Just put a changing pad on top of the dresser and we were set and we had a rocking chair from FIL to use (though it wasn't the most comfortable thing...I'm hoping to replace it this time around).  Babies don't need a lot of furniture.
  • Options
    slwprincessslwprincess member
    edited February 2014
    We also did crib and glider from BRU. Dresser is from ikea. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on furniture that would get chewed on. We've been very pleased. We are on our third baby- same pieces. Still look great. Also bought our Sealy Soybean mattress on Amazon.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Precious Cargo in Smyrna is a great boutique for furniture, custom bedding and decor.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    amyb05 said:
    Precious Cargo in Smyrna is a great boutique for furniture, custom bedding and decor.
    Precious Cargo closed. :-( We did custom bedding for Drew's nursery there, and they were a great place for baby gifts. I'm bummed that they closed.
  • Options
    Amy_729 said:

amyb05 said:

Precious Cargo closed. :-( We did custom bedding for Drew's nursery there, and they were a great place for baby gifts. I'm bummed that they closed.

Boo! I didn't know this. All the good baby boutiques are closed :-(

• Options
    If she wants to shop at a boutique, there's a place off 85 in Gwinette county. I think it's called Georgia Baby and Kids.
  • Options
    I searched several of the boutique stores and ended up buying from BRU. Georgia Baby and Kids has a large selection so definitely try there. They were more expensive than I wanted, but had a nice variety.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Georgia Baby & Kids

• Options
    I got a great floor sample crib on clearance at Georgia Baby & Kids. And a great changing table/dresser on Craig's list that had originally come from New Baby Products.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We ended up checking out BuyBuy baby, Georgia baby and kids and Bellini. Thanks for the suggestions. GA baby had a huge selection and lots of diff price points- many very expensive, but also a big clearance room with great sales. I liked the layout of the store- it didn't feel warehouse-like at all. Bellini was adorable. All the price points there were mid to high, but they also seemed to have some of the best quality. They also do a lot of design there-bedding, drapery etc.
  • Options
    I had an AMAZING experience with New Baby Products off of Cheshire Bridge Rd near Taqueria del Sol.  Ask for Kelly.  Super organized, and they tell me they keep most of their products in stock.  Great prices too from what I saw from my shopping experience.  
  • Options
    We just bought our crib, crib mattress, conversion kit and changing table from Pottery Barn Kids -- and spent WAY less than we thought we would if we had gone with Georgia Baby and Kids. They have a store location at Lenox Mall, and we were really happy with the customer service.
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • Options
    A good friend of mine got her stuff at Georgia Baby and Kids and was very happy. I thought it was very pricey for baby furniture, but they also have lots of cute bedding and room accessories. We ended up with a crib and dresser from Target and have been very happy. We are going to get another dresser to go with our set from there for baby 2 who is due this summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"