July 2014 Moms

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Liking the strolling into SAHMness @Literachick!

image image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • bunkgirlbunkgirl member
    edited March 2014
    So I just went through DS's baby clothes (all one million boxes of them) and I only found half a box of 0-3 month clothes.  I thought he had so much more.  It is very possible that a) a box is missing, we have moved twice since he was born so it's possible or b) rather than cleaning up some really bad blowouts I just decided to throw away the sleeper/onesie.  I hate myself for being so lazy right now. But the upside is, now I get to shop for cute baby stuff...I was kind of sad that I didn't have anything to shop for right now, so 0-3 month sleepers and onesies can now be my primary focus!

DSC_0111DSC_0036

DS Born 4/7/2011
    DD Born 7/14/2014
  • I feel like crying :( my little chunk will be 1 tomorrow. I'm super excited and yet really sad. They just keep growing up on me! I know I know, he's only going to be 1 but ugh.....soon it'll be 2 then 3 then 18. Ok, I'm done being dramatic :( sigh....
    On Monday DS turned 1 and a half. When I realized it was his half birthday (even though I don't usually acknowledge half birthdays), I totally cried. I know its a cliche, but they grow up so fast :(

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited March 2014

I feel like crying :( my little chunk will be 1 tomorrow. I'm super excited and yet really sad. They just keep growing up on me! I know I know, he's only going to be 1 but ugh.....soon it'll be 2 then 3 then 18.

Ok, I'm done being dramatic :( sigh....

On Monday DS turned 1 and a half. When I realized it was his half birthday (even though I don't usually acknowledge half birthdays), I totally cried. I know its a cliche, but they grow up so fast :(
    ------------------------------

They really do! It's really fun seeing them learn and grow but, heartbreaking because you know eventually, they'll be up and out of the house being responsible for themselves.

Let's cry together :(
  • This baby is killing me...he's digging his noggin into my ribs and something else into my hip. I can't get the booger to move, between that and feeling lots of pressure down low, I might just scream or cry, or both. My poor boys (husband and son) must think I don't want anything to do with them bc the only relief I get its laying on my left side, which happens to be away from them :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• A horrible terrible girl (think: straight out of mean girls) at work threw a fit because were all such evil mean bitches ganging up on her. (In reality she has just ruined her relationships by lying and trying to turn us against each other) Anyway she submitted a 5 page report about us all being horrible people and HR just fired my very best work friend, a 61 year old woman who knew I was pregnant before even my mother. She asked to be my babys fairy godmother so she could buy presents without me being able to make her stop. Im so upset. Shes the best person I know and the very last person I wanted caught in this fallout. I dont know how I can go back to work and see her evil face and not smash her into the wall. So so so sad.
  • They didnt just up and fire her... unfortunatly (and its a really long story) my friend had done something she shouldnt have, and their investigation of all these claims brought it to light. She explained her reasons which werent malicious, but it didnt matter someone had to take a fall. I know they had a reason but it still breaks my heart.
  • amlonica said:

They didnt just up and fire her... unfortunatly (and its a really long story) my friend had done something she shouldnt have, and their investigation of all these claims brought it to light. She explained her reasons which werent malicious, but it didnt matter someone had to take a fall. I know they had a reason but it still breaks my heart.

That's really unfortunate. I hope she gets her comeuppance!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• amlonica said:

They didnt just up and fire her... unfortunatly (and its a really long story) my friend had done something she shouldnt have, and their investigation of all these claims brought it to light. She explained her reasons which werent malicious, but it didnt matter someone had to take a fall. I know they had a reason but it still breaks my heart.

That's really unfortunate. I hope she gets her comeuppance!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I found a $300 reimbursement check for my breast pump from the insurance company dated 1/1/13.   ::head smack::  I'm guessing it arrived just after DD was born and got lost.  They are going to reissue the check and I should have it in a few weeks.  Yay for nursery decorating money!

I got a call this weekend from the orthopedist I saw last fall when I broke my foot that they're sending me a $320 refund check at the end of the month! Yay for unexpected money!
  • @jnnfrrose6 - yay indeed! 
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jessa8907 good luck!!! We just had to turn down a ridiculous counteroffer today, so we're going back out tomorrow to see another eight houses. I just wanna buy one already!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tourqeyestourqeyes member
    edited March 2014
    MSUDucks said:
    @rattlecanqueen‌ no it doesn't make you a bad person. It's okay to wish for estrogen reinforcements! Maybe this new bub will be on your team about gross farts anyway :)
    Agree. Whenever people ask what I'm having I always throw in there that I'm in a testosterone filled house. I wish we had gotten a girl dog at least then I wouldn't feel so outnumbered.

• @SarahVol131 Ugh! That's ass :( I'm sorry things are so sucky. Hugs for you!

Thanks love!

• Salsera29 said:
    My sister just posted a video on FB on my niece, who will be 2 next month, singing the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle. I know nothing about early childhood development so of course my first thought is, "Oh my god she's so SMART!" Good grief and she's not even my kid...I really hope I don't turn into one of "those" moms!! 

Oh you will. You will. ;)

The other day DD sang Twinkle all the way through (she's been struggling with the words for a month or so) and DH and I just beamed at each other with pride.

• amlonica said:
    A horrible terrible girl (think: straight out of mean girls) at work threw a fit because were all such evil mean bitches ganging up on her. (In reality she has just ruined her relationships by lying and trying to turn us against each other) Anyway she submitted a 5 page report about us all being horrible people and HR just fired my very best work friend, a 61 year old woman who knew I was pregnant before even my mother. She asked to be my babys fairy godmother so she could buy presents without me being able to make her stop. Im so upset. Shes the best person I know and the very last person I wanted caught in this fallout. I dont know how I can go back to work and see her evil face and not smash her into the wall. So so so sad.
    That's terrible! I want to hulk smash her for you! I'm so sorry for you and your friend!

• I feel like crying :( my little chunk will be 1 tomorrow. I'm super excited and yet really sad. They just keep growing up on me! I know I know, he's only going to be 1 but ugh.....soon it'll be 2 then 3 then 18. Ok, I'm done being dramatic :( sigh....

Our babies have the same birthday!  <:-P  DD is 2 today (but not until 5:15 PM, so let's not rush anything).  I've already cried 3 times.  Call me sappy, but I'm totally one of those moms I rolled my eyes at when I was a teenager... can't they stay little forever?!?!?!??!  :(  :((
    BabyFetus Ticker 

image image

• So... here is a stooopid question. Is the baby up and down yet, or still somewhat sideways. We found the heartbeat up near my belly button with the doppler but I think I feel kicks lower near my pelvis. I am a big girl, so there is no good bump to go by. I had a bump before I got pregnant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just need to rant for a min...

For the I've-lost-count-it's-so-many time, I'm getting a cold. Since being pregnant my colds seem to draaaaag out forever! I started with a sore throat on SUNDAY, it's now THURSDAY and I now have the stuffy nose, slight fever, and headache. I HATE not being able to breathe out of my nose, it makes me feel so claustrophobic.  Anyways, I was okay dealing with the sore throat Mon - Wed and thought it might just be allergies. Wrong! *sigh* Why do my colds take twice as long to work their way out of my system now? I just hope I'm starting to get over it on Monday when it's back to work time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I can't remember if I applied deodorant this morning. The spot check I did was inconclusive. I found a stick of Speed Stick buried in a drawer in my office... I smell manly. (Evidently I had to buy doedorant downstairs in the basement once before)

Vurp. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• @literachick Thanks! Had some cuties as my morning snack :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • So... here is a stooopid question. Is the baby up and down yet, or still somewhat sideways. We found the heartbeat up near my belly button with the doppler but I think I feel kicks lower near my pelvis. I am a big girl, so there is no good bump to go by. I had a bump before I got pregnant. 
    I think the baby is whichever way they want to be at that particular moment. Mine was breech during my a/s. I'm assured that s/he has plenty of time to flip and I'm not worried about it. I'm sure s/he's swimming and flipping around quite a bit in there at this point. Some days I feel a lot of movement really low. Other days it's up above my belly button.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I found a $300 reimbursement check for my breast pump from the insurance company dated 1/1/13.   ::head smack::  I'm guessing it arrived just after DD was born and got lost.  They are going to reissue the check and I should have it in a few weeks.  Yay for nursery decorating money!

I got a call this weekend from the orthopedist I saw last fall when I broke my foot that they're sending me a $320 refund check at the end of the month! Yay for unexpected money!

I LOVE unexpected money! I was on a alternate list to receive a scholarship from the state. Well, my turn came up and I got $650 direct deposited into my bank account yesterday for spring semester. And because the scholarship was for $1300 total (fall AND spring semester) they will be also direct depositing the other half in about a month or so because they can't turn the money over to next fall semester!
    I love those unexpected money stories and I feel like if I post here maybe I will be next in a financial windfall, even a few $20s would be great!
  • I posted this story on facebook with a quick commentary about how I stand much more on Jessica Roy's side of the Ban Bossy debate and five people commented with how much "they love Sheryl Sandberg too!" I certainly don't have a problem with Sheryl Sandberg and really enjoyed her keynote speech at BlogHer last year, but these people commenting I want to GIF them with: image

• I wish the HR worker I have to deal with had 1/3rd the motivation of my real estate agent. I have literally emailed 5 times about an issue and called twice and have not heard back from the HR worker. DH and I are looking for a house now (yeah for nesting!) and in the last 18 hours, the real estate agent has called twice, emailed and texted.
    I do new hire orientation for work.  We only hire through the local union and they have asked us to include paperwork on signing up for an insurance marketplace as an insurance option (insurance is handled through the hall).  I always say something along the lines of "With the Affordable Care Act that went into effect this year, you have the option...." and I'm pretty sure at least half of the guys give me looks to along the line of "what is the ACA?"  Unfortunately, I suspect if I said Obama Care, they'd know exactly what I was saying, but I'm not going anywhere near that.
  • eortmaneortman member
    edited March 2014
    I found a $300 reimbursement check for my breast pump from the insurance company dated 1/1/13.   ::head smack::  I'm guessing it arrived just after DD was born and got lost.  They are going to reissue the check and I should have it in a few weeks.  Yay for nursery decorating money!

I LOVE unexpected money! I was on a alternate list to receive a scholarship from the state. Well, my turn came up and I got $650 direct deposited into my bank account yesterday for spring semester. And because the scholarship was for $1300 total (fall AND spring semester) they will be also direct depositing the other half in about a month or so because they can't turn the money over to next fall semester!
    I love those unexpected money stories and I feel like if I post here maybe I will be next in a financial windfall, even a few $20s would be great!
    Ooooooo, is this some kind of chain-letter windfall? I posted. I'll be expecting my money soon. :-)
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"