Washington Babies
Options

Ear piercing recommendation

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to take a toddler to get her ears pierced?
July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

Re: Ear piercing recommendation

• Options
    wickedZwickedZ member
    edited March 2014
    Check with your pediatrician's office first - our pediatrician does it!
  • Options
    I had my 2.5 year old's pierced at Walmart. I picked up suckers just in case she cried. She didn't though to ny surprise! First I called around to Walmart jewelry departments to find out if they had two people working so that they could pierce both at once. I liked that the associate asked me if I thought the markings (done with marker) were to my liking. Plus it only cost me $25 for earrings and all. They used gloves and sterile packaged guns also so that was great! The studs come with a rounded back clasp which stay on extremely well! I didn't realize just how great all of that was until I took my second daughter at age 3 to Icing in the mall. Firstly, I had to point out that I didn't think the markings were centered. Secondly, the price was $54 for the cheapest pair after ugly plain balls. Thirdly, the back clasps are butterfly that therefore expose the pointy stud against their skin! After some quick research stating how piercing guns stretch the skin instead of putting a hole like a needle. Well comparing the studs from WalMart and Icing, Icing's studs are pointed to pierce the skin while WalMart's are MORE pointed like a needle thus neccessitating the nice rounded clasps to cover the pointy stud. Once the ears heal these can be filed down by the way. So if I could do it again I would go to Walmart!!! I have heard good things about your pediatrician doing it too though. Hope this helps other's decision making. By the way I had my ears pierced at WalMart when I turned 13 & it went well, as they are still pierced. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

when our daughter was 6 months we got her ears pierced in Pagoda in Alderwood Mall. Some pediatricians do it but you need to be a patient. I wanted someone with experienced and I looked everywhere. I liked that Pagoda just do earings so they know what they do, and they were really careful. The procedure was really fast and my baby cried maybe 3 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"