May 2014 Moms
Options

Diastasis recti already?

So I've noticed that when I contract my stomach muscles a certain way (such as getting up from a reclining/laying position) my stomach forms a weird upside down V shape. I started googling about diastasis recti and it seems as though my abdominal muscles have separated. BUT a lot of sources said everybody's separate during pregnancy. So is the separation normal right now & only a problem if it doesn't go back or do I already have this to look forward to? FWIW my muscles didn't seem to be that strong as I started showing fairly early for a FTM.

imageimageimage
H e n r y  May 21, 2014

Re: Diastasis recti already?

• Options
    @hatchetface it does look like a weird volcano!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options

I like to call that baby mountain or Mount St. Baby. Mine started about 22 weeks, I think. 

Ha! Perfect description of it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has been slightly for a month or two now. It's so weird feeling and I don't remember it with DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Me too! It freaked me out at first, but I did a lot of research and found out it's pretty normal. I first noticed it around 23 weeks, but it was probably happening before that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it can technically be called diastasis recti unless you're NOT pregnant at the time.  Of course your stomach muscles are going to move and separate as your belly grows - no real other option for them!

Over time, after you deliver, the separation should go back to normal.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    mine still lingers from not dealing with it after DD. I would bring it up with your provider and make sure to follow-up again during your routine PP appointment. my MW said it shouldn't be an issue, but that I might want to wear a support belt if I became uncomfortable. I did order my sexy support belt yesterday because I'm feeling pretty worn out after busier days.

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"