October 2014 Moms
Options

Yolk sac gender determination?

Has anyone heard of this new study that says if the yolk sac is on the right it's 97% boy and on left 97% girl? It's pretty interesting but I wonder how much merit there is to this?

Re: Yolk sac gender determination?

• Options
    Has anyone heard of this new study that says if the yolk sac is on the right it's 97% boy and on left 97% girl? It's pretty interesting but I wonder how much merit there is to this?
    It's not new, and from what I understand it's bogus.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I've never heard of this one.

So it is about placement?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, more placement of the umbilical cord in the placenta but yolk sac same position. I thought it was bogus but I work with some sonographers and they say this is a real thing. Seems too good to be true! Finding out at 6 weeks would be amazing but I don't want to get my hubby's hopes too high after 3 girls if it is on the right lol
  • Options
    I'm going to ask when I go just to know and see.
  • Options
    So when we get a u/s next week, it will show on the left or right side?
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes this is what I've been told. I'm curious to see if it rings true. I'll let you know when I get my gender scan in 12 weeks :)
  • Options
    My son and one of my gender confirmed male losses had placenta on the right side. I believe there is merit in this research.
  • Options
    colacrockcolacrock member
    edited February 2014
    Here is a link to to a blog post on it in case anyone wants to see :)  https://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/114917/know_the_sex_of_your

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• Options
    So what of the placenta is in front?
  • Options
    All I am going to say is I would not go out and buy pink/blue anything after your 6 week ultrasound.
     image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also if your name is your screen name I would contact the bump and see if they can change that for you. You never know who is lurking around these boards and you don't want a bunch of crazy people being able to search all your personal information.
     image image
  • Options
    So far with my last 10 friends including myself to have babies, this is 100% accurate :) hope it works for you
  • Options
    You ladies got me interested so I went to look at my u/s from last week. The yolk sac is on the right when looking at the transvaginal u/s picture. Does that mean it is really on the right or the left??!!
    TTC#1 Since 8/2013 BFP #1 10/18/2013 EDD- July 1, 2014 MC 11/22/2013 at 8w3d
    BFP #2 1/22/2014 EDD 10/7/2014
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    imageimage
  • Options
    @PinkSands15 - I was just going to ask this too...
  • Options
    I think because it's transvag. it's the opposite- right is actually left and left is actually right. at least that's what the "article" said. I go in for an u/s today and I will ask my doc about it and let you know :)

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• Options
    Hmm interesting
  • Options
    Okay, I was looking into this fun game but the problem is I had a transvaginal u/s and the image is usually NOT flipped in this case...unless the tech flipped the image on the screen. WHAT?! So basically I have no idea what side I'm seeing the yolk sac on. Just wanted to share.

Apparently, abdominal u/s are always a flipped image.

• Options
    What if it looks smack in the middle!? Lol maybe mine is a tad right I center in my pic (u/s on belly, so is that my center/right side/boy?)
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So is the yolk sac on the side of the ovary the baby came from? The US tech said baby came from my left ovary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"