July 2014 Moms

Boy/Girl Pregnancy Symptoms

For those of you who know if you're having a boy or a girl, I'm curious what your pregnancy symptoms are/were. I have another three weeks to wait to see what I'm having, but my husband I are having fun guessing based on my symptoms and the old wives tales. Thanks for sharing!

Re: Boy/Girl Pregnancy Symptoms

• The pencil test was right for me & it's been right for 30+ other people I've done it on. Try it.

I'm having a boy-I was tired and slightly nauseous at first but no sickness. People say "I'm glowing" and pregnancy "looks good on me." In my second trimester I've been moodier an more outspoken -- but that's about it. I've craved salty foods from the start and I've had chapped lips and extremely dry skin.

Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having a girl and first tri I was so completely exhausted all the time, but no morning sickness. Craving anything spicy and salty, but also would never turn down a candy bar.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Boy.

No MS whatsoever, craving sour like nobody's business.  Some acne and my skin has been yucky. There's no glow to me. lol  

Tired a lot, and very moody.
    We're expecting baby Jameson!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fun thread, I'd love to do this again later once everyone who is finding out has gotten results!
  • I'm having a girl- morning sickness like crazy and the Chinese gender predictor was right. I (surprisingly) haven't been moody, didn't break out, and am all belly, which I've heard is more indicative of a boy. The heart rate started out on the slower side and then picked up, so I wasn't sure how to call that one. So who knows lol!

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • I've craved sour and spicy things over sweet things (boy), I've had super dry skin (boy), glowing (boy), leg hair is growing much faster (boy?), I had really bad morning sickness (girl?  I've heard this one go both ways), and the heartbeat has always been in the 140s-150s (girl).   I've been told both boy and girl so far, so I'm waiting for my ultrasound this week to hopefully find out for sure! 

@LiteraChick, In the beginning, I craved sour and spicy stuff so much (I'd eat sour patch kids or jalepeno chips for every meal if I could) and I was not remotely interested in sweet things... so several people were guessing this LO was a boy!

• edited February 2014
    Having a boy :) Since the beginning have craved sour, no interest in sweets. Also, the chinese gender proctor (ETA:  haha, oops, meant predictor...autocorrect strikes again!) was right...

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had awful morning sickness then extremely dry skin that it turned into a rash and then acne has started up. I have not wanted anything to do with sweets except for fro-yo, but being on the salty and spicy. Heartbeat had been in the 150 and the Chinese gender predictor said boy. And we are having a boy!
  • We're having two boys and I definitely wanted nothing but salty & sour for the first trimester. I normally LOVE chocolate and the thought of chocolate or anything sweet in general during that time was repulsive to me. This is the first thing that tipped me off that I may be having boys. :)

• I'm having a girl and my pregnancy is completely different than my last (boy). This time I have terrible skin problems and much more sickness and fatigue.

One of the calendars was right for me, but I can't remember which one. (Sorry!)

The baking soda test was accurate.

I really didn't do any others.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I've had one girl and two boy pregnancies, and every pregnancy has been different.  This has been my worst for morning sickness and it's a boy.  My other boy was my easiest for morning sickness, almost none at all.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love this thread! My symptoms have been pretty mild. First trimester I was a little nauseous but never actually got sick. I was tired and would fall asleep early. A little moody but nothing for any extended period of time. Second trimester everyone has been saying I'm "glowing" my skin has been dry and lips have been chapped. I had an ultra sound the other day and the tech said the heart rate was in the 140s. We've decided not to find out the sex, but it's fun to guess! I've been thinking its a boy but I really have no idea.
  • edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree this would work better if ppl knew what they were having.
    I've been craving sweets, MS was less then last time, but it was still bad (but that isn't saying much , I was sick as a dog last time). The chinese we right last time with boy, this time they say girl. So nothing really adds up. i will probably never do a ring or pencil test...don't have the motivation to find the things to do it. I remember HB indicating Boy last time, I don't remember the #'s now, so IDK.

I have trouble with the varying "wive's tales" depending on what site one reads. One says MS= boy the next says it = girl.  Not that I believe any of them, but it's annoying when they contradict. I never remember what ='s which sex.
    imageimage"">

• I'm having a girl. I was nauseated all the time up until 15 weeks, completely exhausted, wanted nothing to do with sweets, super dry skin, fast heart rate(170s), I still gag on a daily basis due to smells lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first pregnancy, a girl, I had no m/s, my skin was glowing and acne free, and I ate non-stop the entire pregnancy. I gained a ton of weight and had the worst edema ever. We found out the sex, my decision. DH's turn to decide this time and he wants to wait. It's so annoying!! This time I had m/s the first trimester, am not nearly as hungry all the time, and my skin looks worse than it did in high school. I even have bacne. I have no strong feelings toward boy or girl, but am secretly hoping there will be an unmistakably obvious penis or vag on the screen with my next ultrasound.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @TallMomma29 eeee now I can't wait to find out what you are having! image

FYI My LO's HB is about 152 on average, so you never know ;)

I will admit, and I know this is going to sound so hippie dippie, wtf is she talking about, but I cannot ignore it: I sensed it was a boy simply because every time I felt him, it was this sense of .... recognition but that he was different from me. I felt like if it was a girl I'd recognize that about her? But since it's a boy, it was entirely different. I know, I know, complete nutjob but there it is, I've said it and admitted it! 

littlesparrow602 your avatar 3D pic? OMG SO KYOOT!

---------------------------------------
    Stuck in gray!

@LiteraChick, the GIF in this post is so awesome!!   Also, I don't think that sounds hippie dippie at all!   Some people totally have an intuition and I think it's real!   Interestingly, despite all of the OWTs pointing to boy, and having no boy/girl preference, when the midwife guessed boy at my 15w ultrasound, it felt wrong to me.  At the time, I attributed my feelings to the fact that it bothered me that she blurted it out without asking if I wanted to know.  But then when a tech said girl at 17w, it totally felt right to me.  So it will be really interesting to see if I'm right, or if the "Old Wives" and midwife are right!

(Also, I went crazytown on some baby girl clearance clothes last week... so one of my friends having a girl is going to get a super nice baby shower gift if this LO turns out to be a boy!)

• Boy: sick all day every day, still at 18 weeks too! Also having joyous crater face!!
  • I'm having a boy, but most of my symptoms pointed to girl

-Sick alllll the time (girl usually)

-Love OJ and sweets (girl)

-Hate sour things like most boys do

-Skin breaking out (girl usually)

-High HB (girl)

So you could imagine how surprised we were when the tech said boy ;-)  She was 100% sure, but we will confirm at our appointments in the next two weeks.

• Thanks for sharing everyone! Love reading these! Hopefully, as the weeks tick by more and more of you will be able to post. My gut tells me I'm having a girl, but husband wants a son so badly, I'm kind of hoping it's a boy. We will know soon! :-)
  • I totally missed the part where you were specifically asking for answers from people who already know what they are having!  Sorry about that!  I'll hopefully be able to confirm on Wednesday ;-)

• My symptoms seem to fall on both sides! We aren't finding out, though. I didn't have any ms (just nauseated if I didn't eat frequently enough), craved juice a lot, didn't really crave sour stuff, dry skin, HB around 155.

In the beginning I always pictured a girl but I think it's because I'm female and just know that. More recently I've begun to picture boy but I'm all over the place!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Boy. I had all day M/S and the only thing I could eat in first tri without wanting to vomit was eggs. I crave bacon and eggs daily, still. (I also crave vanilla soft serve.) Acne all the time and my hair has gotten so oily.
    As far as the heart rate old wives tale, my baby's heart rate has always been 10+ beats above "average" but he's a boy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • cakebatter27cakebatter27 member
    edited February 2014
    What's the pencil test?

I don't know yet but no morning sickness, no cravings, no break outs, no weight gain... I pretty much wouldn't know I was knocked up if my stomach wasn't getting bigger.

Every "test" I've taken says girl. DH thinks girl and I think boy. Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

And let's do this again towards the end of march when we all know.

Edit: just read it. That pencil test is too much work lol.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• edited February 2014
    What's the pencil test? I don't know yet but no morning sickness, no cravings, no break outs, no weight gain... I pretty much wouldn't know I was knocked up if my stomach wasn't getting bigger. Every "test" I've taken says girl. DH thinks girl and I think boy. Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks. And let's do this again towards the end of march when we all know. Edit: just read it. That pencil test is too much work lol.
    Did you click on the link where one of the questions was "Is the pencil test accurate?" and the website answered, "Yes, it is very accurate. You may see some websites that say it is not accurate but those websites have the incorrect information."

LOL "Those websites are just WRONG!!"

I thought it looked like too much work too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having a boy. I had no morning sickness/nausea. My only "symptom" has been exhaustion. I normally love sweets, but I've mostly craved salty or savory things so far. 
  • I'm having a boy, but honestly my symptoms were very similar to my symptoms for my DD.  The one difference being I craved citrus with my daughter, but not this time.  I had the same amount of m/s though, and clear skin for both pregnancies.  My placenta was on the right early on (I was told by an ultrasound tech) which fits with the Ramzi method.  Also, my bump shape this time is more low, round, and in the front- things were spread out more with DD.
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I have dry skin and an aversion to sweets/I'm enjoying spicy and sour foods which are supposed to be boy signs.

I had bad nausea and acne, and the gender charts and ring test said girl. Heartbeat was also high and I've been more affectionate with SO.

Though the biggest indicator was that I was having dreams where I had a baby girl before I found out I was pregnant and I have been positive it's a girl this whole time. We just had it confirmed this weekend! Even SO said it feels like a little girl for a while now (and he was team boy for a brief while). Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in both families swore it was gonna be a girl, not preferring either way. It's just felt right from the beginning.

• I'm having a girl this time and pregnancy has been very different from DS's. First trimester acne was terrible, talking 14 yr old boy going through puberty terrible. I also had nighttime nausea from 9-13 weeks with some days much worse than others. I am way more emotional and at times have mood swings. Also these itchy boobs are a pain in the butt too. Since hitting 2nd Tri my acne is much better, still there but nowhere near as bad. The nausea is gone thankfully.
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited February 2014
    We're having a boy - I had terrible m/s during first tri with pure exhaustion. Lots of nausea and puking. Second tri is turning out to be headaches/migraines and heart burn and some wanting to hit the pillow at 9p. I've had food aversions in both tri's so far. 

I am in love with fruit and raw veggies. This started in 2nd tri too. I am totally enjoying my nightly sweet snacks, usually 2 big cookies with a glass a milk. I haven't gained more than the 10lbs so I'm feeling pretty good about my eating habits. 

Oh and I've been told that I've been very argumentative since becoming pregnant (one of the reasons why my H was convinced we were having a boy). I know things have become VERY annoying as of late and I cry a hell of a lot more than I used to. I chalk it alllll  up to the hormones.

ETA - I am also in love with mexican food. Anything spicy and with cheese and chicken please!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• I don't know the sex of this baby yet, but with DD I had horrible all day sickness and vertigo, reduced leg hair growth after first tri, Acne in the beginning, but the clearest skin I've ever had since puberty  once the m/s went away at 20 weeks.  My first half of pg was almost unbearable, the second half was extremely easy.  I don't remember her avg hb (oops).

This time I had m/s and it sucked but it was no where near as bad as last time and I didn't have the severe vertigo.  Leg hair growth is slow again and my skin is clear again.  No on ehas told me I glow, but I just started showing, so I don't look all that pg. The one hb I've been given (at 14 wks) was 160.  I can't tolerate super sweet stuff but I crave both sweet, salty, and vinegary stuff (I've never been a huge fan of sour).  

I really have no clue this time around.  The Chinese gender chart says girl, but I haven't checked any other old wives tales.

• I am having a girl and so far

-Horrible acne that gets worse every week
    -Sweet stuff, gummy bears, chocolate
    -Salt & Vinegar chips
    - M/S ended around 14 weeks
    - I am a total bitch.
  • I just found out this morning that I'm having a boy and my pregnancy symptoms are pretty much identical to my last pregnancy which was a girl.

As for the OWTs for this pregnancy: Chinese predictor = boy, Mayan predictor = boy, heart rate = girl (always in the 150+s), ring/needle test = girl, m/s that lasts longer than 1st tri = girl, breakouts/acne = girl, crave salty/spicy/sour = boy. So 4 out of 7 OWTs were wrong, 3 out of 7 were right.

But the OWTs for my DD were: Chinese predictor = boy, Mayan predictor = girl, heart rate = girl, ring/needle test = boy, m/s that lasts longer than 1st tri = girl, breakouts/acne = girl, crave salty/spicy/sour = boy. So 3 out of 7 OWTs were wrong, 4 out of 7 were right.

Overall, the OWTs aren't very accurate for me.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • With my DS, I craved savory, salty and spicy and had mild morning sickness. I also gained a truckload of weight. With my DD, I craved sweets and spicy and had severe morning sickness. I gained less with her. With this one (sex yet undetermined) I am craving savory, salty & spicy and had severe morning sickness. I have gained more than I had with DD at this point, but less than DS.
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• I've craved sour and spicy things over sweet things (boy), I've had super dry skin (boy), glowing (boy), leg hair is growing much faster (boy?), I had really bad morning sickness (girl?  I've heard this one go both ways), and the heartbeat has always been in the 140s-150s (girl).   I've been told both boy and girl so far, so I'm waiting for my ultrasound this week to hopefully find out for sure! 

@LiteraChick, In the beginning, I craved sour and spicy stuff so much (I'd eat sour patch kids or jalepeno chips for every meal if I could) and I was not remotely interested in sweet things... so several people were guessing this LO was a boy!

I'm back to report that I'm having a GIRL! So a lot of the old wives tales were wrong for me, but they are kind of fun to think about when you don't know!

• I'm having a boy and while I don't believe in the old wive's tales, I was surprised to find I wanted nothing to do with sweets, only sour and spicy things. 
    This has been the exact same for me. I usually have such a sweet tooth, but with this pregnancy sweets have not been appealing! I crave sour candy, salty snacks, and spicy food. And I'm having a boy!
             BabyFruit Ticker
    First time Mommy-to-be! So excited to meet my little angel!
    ~22 years old~
    Lucky enough to have married my best friend on 11.19.13

• Also, I had HORRIBLE morning sickness for a few weeks (it was late onset but still during my first trimester) I was extremely exhausted my entire first trimester and I also broke out quite a bit the first trimester which has now cleared up going into my second. Again I'm having a boy, but the symptoms I just mentioned seem to be pretty much the same across the board regardless of the gender of the baby.
             BabyFruit Ticker
    First time Mommy-to-be! So excited to meet my little angel!
    ~22 years old~
    Lucky enough to have married my best friend on 11.19.13

• With my first two pregnancies I had no morning sickness and pretty much craved healthy foods and sour tummies. Heart beats in 140s. They were both boys. My DDs pregnancy I was sick for 22 weeks. Loved sweets! Heartbeats in 150s. "Knew" she was a girl from the 1st trimester. This pregnancy. Morning sickness only in 1st trimester.HB in 160s. Don't want sweets. Love fruits and veggies. Only want "ice" water. Been having dreams that it's a boy. Really feel like it's a boy........with all that being said....My DH wants to be team green and our a/s is next week. So I probably won't find out till July. But definitely think it's a little boy.
  • My first is a boy and so is this one! I had no MS/ nausea...I crave salty,sour deliciousness! The ring on a string test said boy and so did my Chinese chart! I am over the moon that my lil men will be 20 mos apart!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"