May 2014 Moms

Maternity/Comfortable Shoes for Wedding

I need recs for comfortable dressy shoes.

We have DHs cousin's wedding in March. I will be 32 weeks. The dress I am wearing is gray with goldish-brown metallic beading on the top (about tea length). I don't do well with spikey heels. I prefer something with more support. Thank you in advance.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Maternity/Comfortable Shoes for Wedding

• I can't find a picture of my wedding shoes, but they were wedges but only had about a 1" heel. They were open toe so I felt pretty, but I was also comfortable. Maybe something like that?
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • XathXath member
    edited February 2014
    I like Naturalizer's N5 and Aerosole's A2 options for comfort.  I have a great pair of N5s that I wore to a few weddings.  Even though they were 3" heels, they had tons of support and were very comfortable.  

They aren't part of the new line, but they made them in several colors and they're comfortable and supportive.  (Naturalizer Princeton)

Edit: Missed the part about not liking spike heels.  In that case, there are tons of adorable ballet flats.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wedges. Definitely go with wedges. I'm a high heel wearer-even now at 28 weeks-but when my feet need a rest I always go with wedges. Very comfy and much more chic than a low heel or flat for a special occasion. Good luck!
  • Wedges. Definitely go with wedges. I'm a high heel wearer-even now at 28 weeks-but when my feet need a rest I always go with wedges. Very comfy and much more chic than a low heel or flat for a special occasion. Good luck!
    This. If you want some height, wedges are a good choice!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

• Crocs might have same cute options! They have good support! I'm a flats girl.

They also have wedges.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I would just got with cute metallic flats, maybe sandals. I don't bother with heels when I'm that pregnant.
  • I also would choose flats. I was in a wedding when I was pregnant with DS and that's what I wore. I just added an extra support insole to make sure and I was set.
    image    image

• If you go with fancier flats, you can always get some gel inserts to put in them for extra support. I've been doing this on days when I have to dress up for work (most days are casual).

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• aimee223 said:
    I really love the American Eagle shoes at payless. I have wide feet and it is one of the few places I can find wider cute shoes. They have a bunch of cute flats and wedges. I got a pair of AE flats in a cream color for my sister's wedding when I was pregnant with DS and I was comfy all day.
    I 100% agree! I also have wide feet this summer I bought a pair of sparkly gold glitter AE flats & a pair of black AE flats with a small bow on the front at Payless and I love them but at $12 I'm not too worried about tossing them when they get ragged looking.
  • Whatever you do, skip the heels. I thought I'd be one of those awesomely put together pregnant women at DH's work party last Friday...everything was fine and dandy until I woke up with a pinched nerve in my lower back/hip the next day and have been in pain ever since.
    I like the suggestion of some cute metallic flats. Maybe with pointed toes if that's your style, which will still help elongate the line of your leg, much like a heel would.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"