May 2014 Moms
Options

Alka-Seltzer Fruit Chews safe?

I am totally new to the joys of heartburn. This is day two and I need something! Anyone else use this while pregnant? Like it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alka-Seltzer Fruit Chews safe?

• Options
    Mine are the off brand from Walgreens but I'm obsessed. They work better than Tums to relieve my heartburn. I haven't asked my doctor about them. It didn't occur to me. Why wouldn't they be safe?
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited February 2014
    The only brand my OB's office has recommended is Tums.

There are many things you aren't supposed to take when pregnant. For example, acetaminophen is OK to take for pain relief, but not aspirin or ibuprofin.

You should ask your OB's office for a list of what they recommend you do and do not take when it comes to OTC medications.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told to take Tums 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know I have read no Rolaids bc of some ingredient but Tums are ok. Not sure on those you mention. I have nasty acid reflux. I also read Pepcid is ok and Zantac I believe is ok but double check.
  • Options
    Will call them Monday to confirm. It's the same active ingredient as Tums and does not contain aspirin, so it should be fine. *crossing fingers* Thanks everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have chronic GERD and my OB allows Tums, Gaviscon, Prilosec (20 mg or Rx-strength 40 mg), Maalox, Mylanta, and Zantac.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Tums doesn't do shit for me. This has been driving me insane and adding to my lack of sleeping abilities recently.

Can't a girl just get some sleep!?
  • Options
    The ingredients look exactly the same! My FIL has reflux and he told me he's tried them all and the Tums Smoothies are the best tasting, so that's what I use. I've gone thru quite a few!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"