Pennsylvania Babies
Options

In-laws!

I thought of a new topic. In-law stories! They're always just a little bit crazy, right? I love reading the in-law drama on my birth month board. Anyone have any good stories?

I actually don't have many good stories. My in-laws are pretty awesome. They do have their quirks, though. For one thing, my MIL insists on dressing DD in clothes that are too big. DD fits perfectly in a three month size right now. Whenever MIL watches her, she changes her out of whatever outfit I sent her in and puts her in jammies. Nine month size jammies. She has three month clothes. I know because she keeps asking me to bring her more clothes to keep at her house and I keep bringing them. I still get her back in nine month jammies.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: In-laws!

• Options
    I have always gotten along well with my in laws too, until LO was born and now they irritate me to no end. Firstly, she is still little and sometimes all she needs is Mom for a few mins, but rather then give her to me, they pass her back and forth between them when she is fussy.
    And, since I'm pretty non confrontational, usually when she needs to nurse I just say, she's starting to get hungry and get my nursing pillow and cover. The other day my FIL goes, is she hungry, do you want to feed her? Yes! I'm not making it up, you can try if you want but I doubt it will work!
  • Options
    Ask me in about a month! We close on our current house this week, but our new house won't be ready for a month so staying with them in their small house with 2 crazy little boys for the interim! Oy vey!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    asl99718 said:

I have always gotten along well with my in laws too, until LO was born and now they irritate me to no end.

@asl99718 This was totally me after DD was born! Someone said to me once that nothing changes your relationship with you in-laws like having a kid. It is definitely proving to be true for me. I don't know what it was but everything they said just grated on my nerves for like the first three months. I honestly think it was mostly me being hormonal. They were making a lot of well meaning but outdated suggestions so I just started to disregard *all* their suggestions and advice. I think I'm starting to get better. I'm trying to anyway!
  • Options
    Foutzie44 said:

Ask me in about a month! We close on our current house this week, but our new house won't be ready for a month so staying with them in their small house with 2 crazy little boys for the interim! Oy vey!

That sounds really stressful! It's very kind of them to offer but I'm sure it's going to be a long month for all of you. Keep us updated. I love crazy family stories :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"