May 2014 Moms
Options

Pain in mid to upper right abdomen

IBackBevoIBackBevo member
edited February 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Anyone had this? It got worse last night and now is so painful that ds set his head down on the area and I just about came off the couch from the pain. Otherwise, I feel ok. DH is at work and I am home alone with ds. I called dh and he said when he gets off work we could go to one of the emergency clinics and get an ultrasound and some blood work. Any thoughts? Anyone had something similar? I am sort of thinking gallbladder/gall stones but other options seems like it could be my appendix, a kidney infection or my liver. I tend to not think liver/hellp despite prior pree due to my bp being normal and no other symptoms.

update: I have a kidney infection.
IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: Pain in mid to upper right abdomen

• Options
    If it's the kind of pain I've experienced, it's muscular.  These tiny humans really like to test your pain threshold as they grow and stretch out in there.  It helps me to just lean backward to stretch it out a bit.  Hope it's nothing more serious.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options

If it's the kind of pain I've experienced, it's muscular.  These tiny humans really like to test your pain threshold as they grow and stretch out in there.  It helps me to just lean backward to stretch it out a bit.  Hope it's nothing more serious.

You are probably right. And even if it were gallstones, it is not like they can do anything anyway. So then I think I should just stay home. My only fear would be what if it is hellp and I did nothing? Rarely, hellp will present without high bp. Ugh. Hard to know.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been getting stabbing pains in my middle and upper abdomen but it usually subsides after a little bit... Just passing it off as RLP/growing pains but it might be different than what you're experiencing
  • Options
    Better to call and get it checked than to wish you had. It could be nbd...or it could be something serious like liver pain associated with pre e. Let the docs decide. Thats what you pay them for.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    My first thought was liver, but with no other pre e symptoms that would be strange. Usually appendix pain isn't localized when it starts (it's more generalized to your entire abdomen) and then is much lower than where you describe. Usually you have other symptoms with appendicitis as well (nausea, vomiting, fever). My best guess would also be gallbladder/gallstones. Hopefully it eases up or you can get treatment soon :(.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the responses. When looking at it further on the pree foundation website and several medical websites, apparently hellp can arise independent of pree so in this instance there is sometimes no high bp or protein in the urine. I am at pretty high risk with prior pree, being over 25 and Caucasian. I don't *think* that is what it is, but infant mortality with hellp is 10-60 percent so I think I am probably better safe than sorry and just getting it checked out. I think I am going to go into my nearest emergency clinic when dh gets home. Theysshould be able to run platelets, liver enzymes, etc. without too much trouble.

• Options
    I would say pain from high BP is potential.
    Appendix pain is found between your belly button and the front bony part of your hip right where your underwear arches over, about halfway between

Hope you get some answers!
  • Options
    IBackBevo said:
    Thanks for the responses. When looking at it further on the pree foundation website and several medical websites, apparently hellp can arise independent of pree so in this instance there is sometimes no high bp or protein in the urine. I am at pretty high risk with prior pree, being over 25 and Caucasian. I don't *think* that is what it is, but infant mortality with hellp is 10-60 percent so I think I am probably better safe than sorry and just getting it checked out. I think I am going to go into my nearest emergency clinic when dh gets home. Theysshould be able to run platelets, liver enzymes, etc. without too much trouble.
    That's what I would do, to be on the safe side. Good luck! Hopefully it's just muscular. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• Options
    Please go get evaluated by a doctor. Keep us updated and let us know how things are going. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope its nothing serious. My first thought is gallbladder stuff, but I'd want to get it checked out too. 
    image    image

• Options
    I hope it isn't anything serious. Let us know how it turns out. I had similar pain yesterday night but used a heating pad on low heat, after 10 min the pain went away and I just wrote it off as growing pains. My LO has regular movement so I wasn't to worried. I hope that's all it is for you! T&P
  • Options
    Keep us updated! I hope it's just growing pains! Can u take a warm bath and try to relax your muscles while u wait for DH?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"