October 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Randoms

2»

Re: GTKY: Randoms

• Options
    jalara48 said:
    I have to always have my deep freezer full of meat. It's a comfort thing because we grew up eating what my brother and dad hunted. Now, there is always always meet in the freezer.
    I have this same mentality. I grew up on a farm, and we ate what my dad killed/what we raised on the farm. To this day I feel more comfortable with a freezer full of meat.

I love gardening. I love the stress relief I get from it, and I love being able to control how my food is grown.

Member since 2010 ❤️
    #1 BFP 12/31/10 EDD 8/14/11 Born 8/9/11

#2 BFP 3/20/12 EDD 11/17/12 M/C 3/25/12

#3 BFP 11/17/12 EDD 8/5/13 Born 8/4/13

#4 BFP 1/26/14 EDD 09/29/14 Born 10/01/14

• Options
    @LaDyBostonRN I love hosting too! Themed dinner parties are my jam. 

I'm jealous of all you bakers in here. I love cooking but I've never been a very good baker. I was just telling DH that it's one of the things I want to work on before we have a baby. 

I'm a big reader, and I like to write when I have the time (which lately has been almost never). I mostly write personal essays and occasionally short fiction. I'm pretty proud that I ran a half marathon last spring. A big pet peeve of mine is picky eaters. And I love holidays. I get made fun of a lot for decorating the whole house even for the smallest holidays. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love baking.  I'm learning how to make my own gluten free recipes and I managed to make GF chocolate chip cookies that taste exactly like regular cookies on my first attempt!  Super proud of myself for that.
    Wow! How did you keep them from spreading? GF baking is hard! DS had to avoid about everything under the sun while we were working through his digestive issues.
    Not sure what you mean.  If you have an issue with cookies spreading too much it's usually just that youre oil to flour ratio is off, not so much a GF-specific issue.  Unless I'm understanding wrong.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I watch the same TV shows over and over on Netflix and Hulu. I find it very difficult to accept a new television show into my lineup because I am so committed to my regulars.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ShawnaMelfShawnaMelf member
    edited February 2014
    I hunt, as does DH so we keep the freezer full also. I grew up on deer meat and have served it to people that have never known the difference! I love DH's beard. It's a "duck dynasty" type and I almost cried when he shaved it off for family pictures.

We hunt in our house too. Pretty much use venison everything I cook. My favorite is when DH fry's up back straps and onions.. Yum!

As for my fun fact.. I am somewhat crafty. Taught myself how to knit, crochet and sew all within the last couple years. My next craft goal is to try to make a quilt for The Pumpkin.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I watch the same TV shows over and over on Netflix and Hulu. I find it very difficult to accept a new television show into my lineup because I am so committed to my regulars.
    I'm nearly the opposite and hardly re-watch TV shows or movies. If I've seen it once, that's enough. I imagine having a child will change that though :)

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    edited February 2014
    I'm a nerd and damn proud of it.  I love fantasy novels (good old fashioned fantasy, not to so much this new vampire stuff), I'm very good at math and science, and am not intimidated by learning new things.

I like to knit and crochet, but have a major case of start-itis. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mom side of the family is from an itty bitty island in Micronesia. The name of it is Yap. That's were my parents met. And apparently my mom and her family are considered royalty there too. None knows where yap is unless you were in the military during the early 80s or you've lived close by so when I tell people they think I'm nuts. Haha
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"