May 2014 Moms

Feeling like May is so far away

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that when I look outside all I see is snow and it's freezing cold with no sign of letting up, but I feel like May is so far away!  I have done absolutely nothing to get ready for this baby, partly because I don't feel like I actually have a whole lot I have to do, we have pretty much anything we could need and it hasn't been that long since the baby stuff was out, I never really even put most of it properly away this time, didn't seem worth the effort.
I haven't even really felt overly pregnant, I was cruising through this pregnancy (not trying to rub it in to those who aren't), until this week when I got a wicked leg cramp that is still causing me to limp, then got hit with a flu bug that knocked me on my butt and suddenly my belly feels huge, bloated and in the way.

Anyone else feel like time is standing still??
image image image

Re: Feeling like May is so far away

• Yes.  I feel like I've been pregnant forever and May still seems so far away.  I agree that the weather may have something to do with it.  I hope once it starts to feel like spring, things will seem closer.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I feel like May is so far away when I think of getting bigger, swelling etc. it I continue to feel good them great, but I keep thinking this is going to get tough.

When I think of all of the thousands of things I still have to do before this baby comes May seems very close!!!

Typical pessimist outlook for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • It does seem far away, but I realized today that I only have 11 weeks left until they take these babies if they don't come on their own before then. That doesn't seem so very long when I look at it that way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Ditto!!! I'm ready for my sweet girl!!
  • It felt far away until I realized Monday starts 3rd tri for me. In less than 3 months I'll have a second child-just 13 short weeks or less. And I still have a lot to do, mainly non baby but need to be done before baby things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm the opposite! I can't believe may (April 28th for me tho...RCS) is right around the corner! Feb is a short month, so I feel it will cruise by!

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

• I feel like May is so far away when I think of getting bigger, swelling etc. it I continue to feel good them great, but I keep thinking this is going to get tough.

When I think of all of the thousands of things I still have to do before this baby comes May seems very close!!!

Typical pessimist outlook for me.

I concur. I've been pretty fortunate and for the most part enjoy being pregnant. Except the whole gaining weight thing. I feel like I've already gained too much and still have a long way to to go before ii stop getting bigger! And not just in my belly.

I still have a million things to do and buy before baby gets here though, and thinking about that makes me panic.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• May feels pretty far away for me...until I look at the nursery and realize how much of it isn't ready.
  • Sometimes it feels far away because I'm so over being pregnant but then other times I think I'm not ready to have my world turned upside down so soon. Very mixed feelings
    <image>
  • It seems so close to me! >.<

I have so much more to do... I dont even have the crib or essentials yet.. eek

Luckly I get to pass on decorating the nursery since she wont have one!

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I was thinking the same thing...until I updated our budget in excel and realized we only get 6 more paychecks before baby!!!!!
    In memory of the angel babies that were too perfect for Earth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I've just hit the part where I'm tired all the time and everything is an effort. It feels like someone pushed may back to November :(

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Yes I feel like it is so far away. But I am also at the tail end of May for my due date which doesn't help either. So, May is 3 months away but I still have almost 4 months and I hate that. I am just so anxious for LO to be here and wish it were May already.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• It feels very far away. I just feel like I should be farther along than 24 weeks 5 days. I had my DD at 37 weeks so I have to think about it that way but it just feels like the never ending pregnancy. 

• I feel like its especially far since I'm at the end of the month. But it does seem much closer when I count in weeks! Weeks seem to be flying by lately!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

• meli1025meli1025 member
    edited February 2014
    I go back and forth. The weather definitely makes it seem as if it's far away, but I only have around 90 days left, if not less since DS came two weeks early. That's not that much time! I'm getting so excited and have a lot to do in the next 90 days!

Edit: spelling, damn mobile

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• I was on my pregnancy checklist last night and realized that, as of today, I have 99 days left. It seems interminably long and ridiculously short at the same time. I have so much to do!
  • Sometimes it feels far away because I'm so over being pregnant but then other times I think I'm not ready to have my world turned upside down so soon. Very mixed feelings

I feel exactly this way!

• @TaylorHam86 yup! My belly is huge and I keep wondering how I'm going to hold it up in a couple months. I feel good now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    I'm in panic mode, too. I get anxious when I have too much to get done and time us ticking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"