May 2014 Moms

I never need to wash my hair

I swear, since becoming pregnant my hair is eternally clean. I used to be a solid every-other-day hair washer. After two days it would be on the greasy side and need to be washed. My hair never gets like that anymore! The only reason I wash it is so I can blow it dry and straighten it again. I was expecting the opposite!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I never need to wash my hair

• I envy you! Even after I wash my hair I have to carry some dry shampoo in my purse just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here!  I wash mine every other day still just because I love how my shampoo smells...

• I used to be twice a week. Now it's more like once a week. If I remember.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I'm the same way. I was probably a twice a week kind of girl, and now I can go at least a week.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Mine too!! I love it! I went from every other day to every few!
  • I've weaned my hair down to only needing to be washed once a week. Took about a year, but now it only gets greasy looking after 7-8 days. Better for my scalp bc I used to have a really flakey scalp.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Lucky girls! Mine gets greasy after a day...

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Mines really shiney and clean all the time too. I think I wash it once a week maybe...

I may be sore all over and have acid in my throat, but I've got gorgeous hair lol
  • Same. I used to be every 2 days and now I'm every 3-4.

I've also found that I need to shave less. Like I can go over a week without shaving my legs. Not complaining.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• I am the same way :). It makes me super happy because I have very long thick hair and it takes forever to dry.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Lucky girls! Mine gets greasy after a day...

Ditto. I have to wash mine daily. No fun!
  • Completely opposite- gets greasier sooner but I also love showers and I take 2 usually a day and wash my hair every other day now sometimes everyday. Although I do want to try the no poo at some point...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I envy you! Even after I wash my hair I have to carry some dry shampoo in my purse just in case.

What kind do you carry? I have the Bed Head one and I really don't like it that much...

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• My hair used to get greasy everyday but now I can go 2-3 days before washing it. And also I can go a week and a half without a shaving my legs whereas before I needed to shave everyday... However the only thing the growth of my hair has slowed down a lot!! Not a fan of that.
  • theoryofwhattheoryofwhat member
    edited February 2014

I envy you! Even after I wash my hair I have to carry some dry shampoo in my purse just in case.

What kind do you carry? I have the Bed Head one and I really don't like it that much...

I use Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo but it is a tad pricey. I've noticed Pantene's Volumizing one is just as good (and smells better!) at a fraction of the cost.

Edited for fat mobile fingers.

• I just rubbed lotion in the ends of my hair because it's so dead, uh, I mean dry... Ya.
    Let's be honest, I haven't gotten my hair professionally cut since January '13.
    I can't blame pregnancy on that.
  • Same here. I've forgotten a few times to shower as frequently as I usually do because my hair was always a constant reminder when I could not go more than 48 hours without washing my hair.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I still have to wash my hair everyother day. Early on in pregnency I had to wash my hair everyday. I also need to shave more and get the hair off my chin.
  • I have definitely noticed that I can skip more days. I used to wash it every day except for maybe one day of the weekend, but now I can consistently do it every other.

Christinaruth74 I'm soooo with you on needing a cut! I'm hoping to get a nice cut and maybe color before LO comes since it'll probably be a while again after he's born that I can go back.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Same here! I used to have to wash mine almost every day. Now I'm washing it about every 3 days. Loving it!
  • I've had the same experience, and I'm loving it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"